News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Stupid questions time!  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Leaky

• Battery level: 3
Stupid questions time!
« on: 15, July, 2012 - 20:32:49 »
Yay! Well here goes. BooBoo on here has offered me a shell which I am hoping to be picking up in the next couple of weeks. My aim is to restore it over a period of time while making a few custom bits to go with it. Anyway I would like to get it rideable first just by pedal power so I can have a little fun with it. Anyway can someone give me a list of the bits I will need to get it to a state so I can ride it. Wheels I'm guessing will be important lol. Anyway sorry if this seems real stupid lol but anyway help would be great.

Thanks.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Stupid questions time!
« Reply #1 on: 16, July, 2012 - 08:18:59 »
Hi I think you are looking at this as if you are doing a car. You really want to get a near complete C5 that require restoring. This way you have most of the components than sourcing one with bits.

It will cost you alot more doing it your way. You can get a near complete one for approx £100 - £200 and then spend +£100 doing it up.

You could just get one for +£350 already done.

Lance

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 16, July, 2012 - 11:53:48 »
Lance is right in that building a c5 up from a bare body shell is an expensive way of doing it   - although you will learn a huge amount in the process  :)

My own idea for using the spare bodyshells would be to build your own chassis , like the "Challenger c5 project" , put a big motor in it and then use it for the AER or other track based stuff we go to. The downside is that it would not be road legal of course.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,266.msg4269.html#msg4269

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #3 on: 17, July, 2012 - 16:00:15 »
I had one of Karls shells ages ago ... and it's still just a shell, all be it a different colour ( one day it will be finished  ;D ).
My plan at the time was to build up gradually, but have now decided that buying a fairly decent C5 , hopefully with a damaged body, is the way to go, as trying to get all the bits to build from scratch would be very time consuming, and probably quite costly.

I've still not got round to getting that ( near ) complete C5 - keep spending my money on other bits  ;D - but one day i will  :)

Offline Leaky

• Battery level: 3
« Reply #4 on: 19, July, 2012 - 02:20:23 »
Thanks for all the advice people. Funny enough making or fixing/modifying a chassis was a plan I had and a good mate of mine is an electrician and has said he will help me make up a wiring loom with a possible 24v conversion if I let him have ago on it. I guess when I get it home I'll look over it and start from there.