News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Teasmaid  (Read 3126 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Teasmaid
« on: 13, October, 2009 - 15:53:23 »
I heard on the radio today that the teasmaid is making a comeback - revamped to latest tech ....... Then I thought what 80's gadget would make a good come back ...... um.......
« Last Edit: 13, October, 2009 - 21:49:54 by radiomarty »

Karl

Re: Tea's maid
« Reply #1 on: 13, October, 2009 - 19:05:54 »
 ;D

...I'd only be tempted to buy a re-released version of the c5 if they made it with a stronger gearbox  ;D

...and possibly performance similar to "challenger"  ;) 8)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 13, October, 2009 - 20:27:21 »
Depending on how much, I would probably buy it anyway just so I was not left out this time around.

I like the idea of a new c5, longer range - bit more power up hills - some kind of add on roof etc.  For me 15 mph is fast enough I just want to do it up the hills too lol.

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #3 on: 13, October, 2009 - 20:31:50 »
I agree totally!  Hill climbing would be such an advantage!

Meanwhile, we've still got the Teasmade - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjBxJqZvUA

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Re: Teasmaid
« Reply #4 on: 03, November, 2009 - 22:25:06 »
I heard on the radio today that the teasmaid is making a comeback - revamped to latest tech ....... Then I thought what 80's gadget would make a good come back ...... um.......

crumbs, i can remember when having one of these was a really must have status symbol, you were lord and lady muck proven by such illustrious ownership.

my mum and dad spent hours (and fortunes) at sea side bingo parlors and fair grounds trying to win one without success.

they dd eventually buy one after they went out of fashion, but did not us it for ong as it started its process about an hour before the alarm,the spitting, gugling and bubbling noises worse thana any dodgy indain curry bellyjust meant you simply woke up a lot earlier  ;D.

by the time it produced the 2 cups of tea it was simply quicker to go boil a kettle and brew your tea traditionally - and if you did wait for the teas maid t complete its deliberations often as not either the milk had curdled or it just tasted awful ::)

your better of getting a 3 second water heater but make sure it boils for tea, not heats  wate just under boiling point as some do  >:(

regs
alan