News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: rear wheel position  (Read 2210 times)

Offline gowrings c5

• Battery level: 0
rear wheel position
« on: 24, April, 2011 - 10:40:18 »
is it normal for my right rear wheel to stick out from the wheel arch about 25mm more than the wheel on the other side? praps one of you guys might be able to look at your vehicle for comparison or maybe this is a known feature? thanks chaps.

ScubaChris

Re: rear wheel position
« Reply #1 on: 24, April, 2011 - 16:26:41 »
Nope,
That certainly doesn't sound normal! Might be an idea to whip the wheel off to make sure the bearings etc are all seated correctly. I'm assuming the wheel doesn't seem loose in any way?

C.

Offline Pyrasanth

« Reply #2 on: 24, April, 2011 - 17:27:40 »
Hi
I had a similar problem and it was to do with the a frame (black upright frame ) needing adjusting where the boot locates ( the bit that sticks out to hold the lugs on the boot ) once I had adjusted it the body was pushed out correctly. But mine was not out by 25mm but it might help with the problem I have seen some peoples c5's with the body lugs (where the boot lugs locate when attaching the boot back onto the c5)for the boot on the outside of the a frame and some have it on the inside not sure which was standard from the factory ;) lol

Cheers

Gary

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 24, April, 2011 - 19:34:26 »
If you check the buyers guide there are a couople of photo's showing how a bent chassis affects the way the wheel sits within the arch , but dont get too worried. The tolerances used in the assembly of c5's was never that great from new  :o

As long as you have the correct number of bearings (yes I've seen 3 bearing cages forced in..) with everything properly postioned and correctly set up then I wouldn't worry if the wheel stands a little proud. My c5 known as "Moneypit" is the same.

Post some piccies if you're still concerned and we can all pass judgement  :D ;D

Offline gowrings c5

« Reply #4 on: 24, April, 2011 - 21:39:30 »
i had that confusion about the A frame ears! think i put mine inside the body so the clips slide on metal not the plasic body...but i could be wrong!

i checked the buyers guide and i think my chassis must be a bit bent. no worries tho. thanks all.