News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 Wanted for restoration  (Read 12903 times)

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: C5 Wanted for restoration
« Reply #30 on: 01, May, 2009 - 20:11:42 »
It looks brand new - man thats good !!!!

Offline minimin

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #31 on: 01, May, 2009 - 22:59:37 »
What chemicals were used with this? Cif is good, but its not getting out the big stains.
Mark

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #32 on: 02, May, 2009 - 08:28:51 »
That's looking fine, you have done a cracking job. I am planning next week to give mine a good service and clean etc, as its looking a bit dirty after using it during the winter. I hope mine looks as nice as your's afterwards.

Retro Andy

« Last Edit: 02, May, 2009 - 10:27:31 by Retro Andy »

waran2005

« Reply #33 on: 02, May, 2009 - 23:47:27 »
Hello
     thanks for all your kind comments about my revamped C5, I,m glad at least its one more saved.
One adult & two extremely hard working ten years olds scrubbed there little hearts out for hours cleaning that body, they done a great job. All they want in return is a go in it, well one is my son and he did have a go in it to the extent I couldn't get the little sod out, I had to box him in a corner and virtually drag him out.
     To start I only used CIF white cream cleaner, scotch pads, and plastic scrubbing brushes to get within the grain and this did take over 90% of the marks off. I then spoke to my father and he suggested with those difficult marks like rust staines that I should try his elbow grease, honestly I am not taking the mick, the product was called elbow grease and he said you can buy it in most pound shops.
     I then tried spraying it on and scrubbed away but it seemed to have little effect so I gave up using it. The kids then started using it and to my amazment the marks/stains started to come off. I then read the instructions and your supposed to spray it on and leave it for ten minutes to do its stuff and then it worked really well. It is suitable for plastics, says so on the bottle. What I did notice though is that after using that my hands started to go slimey so I suspect it contains some sort of caustic like oven cleaner so use rubber gloves?
     Any one tried over cleaner type substances?

Waran.

waran2005

« Reply #34 on: 03, May, 2009 - 00:20:14 »
Hello
      me again, here are some pictures of my C5 out in the sun, sorted that problem with the motor support, made a bracket and it seems OK now. Still need to do a few odds and sods before I am totally happy with it. All ready has a few new grubby marks on it from the local kids. All the best,, Waran.

s/ss80/waran2005/P020509_1557.jpg[/IMG]

waran2005

« Reply #35 on: 03, May, 2009 - 00:22:54 »
Hello
    Last two pictures.  Waran.lbums/ss80/waran2005/P020509_1605.jpg[/IMG]

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #36 on: 03, May, 2009 - 09:53:58 »
It seems we all have the same way of cleaning are c5's, and they look great for it. Yours does look nice mate.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #37 on: 03, May, 2009 - 21:43:45 »
I am in awe of the high standards you guys are achieving, looks like I've got some serious cleaning to do with my collection just to keep up  ;D

...mind you , "Malcolm" is easy, just a quick hoover and it comes up a treat  :D 8)
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=25.0