News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Hello from Aberdeen (Scotland)  (Read 2051 times)

J80PPS

Hello from Aberdeen (Scotland)
« on: 16, April, 2010 - 09:26:33 »
Hello all!

So, Friday morning, started work at 5am, then during a 6am coffee break I went on a classic car website and spotted a C5 for sale.

There is one of these at my local museum (Grampian Transport Museum- Alford – Scotland) and I have been aware of the story with them but never thought about owning one.

By 7am I had reviewed numerous websites, checked on ebay and now I am desperate to buy one. Definitely not spending £2,500 on the boxed one for sale on ebay just now, but will easily spend up to £1,000 and would like to get it to help celebrate my 30th Birthday in June. (I guess this could be my mid life crisis purchase)

So first question is, where do I buy one????

Does anybody sell them reconditioned / new? I know there was a guy Adam Harper that did but looks like he isn’t doing them anymore.

I think it would be fantastic to do a group drive in these things, although not too sure how many enthusiasts there are up in Scotland.

Peter Smith (J80PPS)

Karl

Re: Hello from Aberdeen (Scotland)
« Reply #1 on: 16, April, 2010 - 12:52:55 »
Hi Peter and welcome to the c5alive forum mate  :)

£1k should get you one at the very top end of the spectrum , thats more than I paid for my "new" unused one a few years back.

Take a look through the market place section  -  there are still a few for sale on there. Walters one doesn't look too bad, but I think your main snag will be the distance to travel.

Chas (aka C5enthusiast & restorer) buys, restores and sells them quite often - might be worth dropping him an email.

If buying through Ebay be sure to consult the buyers guide ,found in the the Forum Guide

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=627.0

Happy hunting - and let us know how you get on !

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #2 on: 16, April, 2010 - 18:03:45 »
Hi there Peter I'm Chas like Karl said I buy and restore C5s and also sell the same .I also have a collection of brand new old stock  C5s ..drop me an email any time and we can talk bye Chas .....

filcool

« Reply #3 on: 17, April, 2010 - 10:16:53 »
Hello,there im also from scotland,inverurie in fact,so very close to yourself,i know the 1 you mean in the alford museum.
Mines not for sale,but you can get very carried away with them,ive choosen the modified route with mine.

dont know of any others in the area though,they seem to be quite rare in these parts,do ocassionally crop up in the scot ads under the bicycle section.

phil