News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 32755 times)

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
Re: Make yourself all known
« Reply #15 on: 30, April, 2008 - 00:53:29 »
Ah welcome fellow Yorkshireman!

ogb

« Reply #16 on: 30, April, 2008 - 08:13:58 »
I'm Otto from the Netherlands
I have 2 c5's under restoration
hope the have theme rolling this summer
if you want to follow my restoration have a look on http://www.myc5.nl
« Last Edit: 02, May, 2008 - 19:32:52 by ogb »

Leeb7613

« Reply #17 on: 02, May, 2008 - 12:54:47 »
Hiya 12vboywilson,

Will have a C5 ready very soon, all kitted out, indicators, horn and mirrors etc (all original), keep in touch and see what comes!!

Cheers..Lee,Lee

jomac

« Reply #18 on: 02, May, 2008 - 18:09:14 »
Hi Otto, your site is very interesting.

Its well worth a look through guys, especially the smaller sections, lots of surprising snippets of information

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #19 on: 04, May, 2008 - 09:55:35 »
Hello all, my name is Andy, i am eighteen years old on the 14th (for the second time anyway, i will be 36 years old) I live in South Wootton, near King's Lynn, which is also close to Sandringham, I work at a Citroen dealership as assistant manager in the aftersales department which is only just a couple of miles up the road, so will be using c5 to go to work on. I live with Karen, we have been together for 15 years this July, we have two children, Brandon who is 9 years and Sasha who is 6, we have a small dog (Toby) two guinea pigs (Mike & Marty) and a rat (Jessie) the rat is Karen's, but she would have snakes and allsorts if i let her. I was a big fan of c5 when it was once first produced, but firstly i was only thirteen and my mum & dad would never have bought me one anyway, I used to go in Comet whenever we went shopping and looked at one in the showroom, silly thing is i had several c5 brochure's from then, but all got lost or thrown away. now i have had to buy one's to replace them, as the old saying goes if i knew then what i know now. Anyway i finally bought a non running c5 off ebay for £130.00 last November and over the few months have stripped it down totally, sand blastered frame and had it powder coated, i have re-assemble'd her (or him, have'nt give it a name yet) and am just waiting for wiring loom before finishing touches.
I have attended only one c5 run (Norfolk) a couple of months ago and meet several other nutters! with the same devotion for the c5, but i am looking forward to others once my is all done. I was thinking of putting a run on here as there is some good cycle tracks locally and also can go as far as Sandringham, how about a Royal C5 Run ?

sorry to go on.
Retro Andy.           
« Last Edit: 07, April, 2009 - 07:49:42 by Retro Andy »

Eric

« Reply #20 on: 16, May, 2008 - 08:16:03 »
Hey, Its a yank!!

That'd be me. :D
Not by choice mind you, rather be somewhere in Wales, I hear Cardiff is cool.

I don't actually have a C5, love to get one but for obvious reasons, can't.

At any rate I first saw the C5 a couple of days ago and fell in love.  I thought 'Sinclair? Like the computer guy? Couldn't be.'  It was.

So I'm going to attempt to build a C5 from the ground up.  I've already sourced all of the parts I need, With the exception of the bodyshell.  I have a feeling I will be doing something in fiberglass.  It will be 24V PWM controlled with a 250 Watt 3300 RPM Motor. Pretty close to a stock C5.  Doing the math I expect about 24MPH out of it With the tyres I'm planning on getting.  Only about £18 a piece for 16" pneumatic tubeless on the wheel.  4x8.5 rims.  I just gotta figure out the fine details as to how I'm going to build the axle.

If anyone would like to shoot me some more detailed dimensions for the chassis, I'd be eternally grateful.  I would like to be able to fit an actual c5 body onto it at some point, so it would be helpful.

I already have a guy who can fabricate a chassis for me for free he just needs numbers.

I'm rambling so I'm gonna shut up now.

Hank Ladd

« Reply #21 on: 16, May, 2008 - 08:35:34 »
That sounds wicked, I love your attitude. You wanna speak to Mark or Karl, they will tell you all the things you need know?

Im Hank btw!

NIce to see a new person on here!

Karl

« Reply #22 on: 16, May, 2008 - 08:52:17 »
Hi Eric & welcome to the forum.

That's an interesting project you've got going and I'll help as much as I can.

When (if) it ever stops raining here I'll get out and take some chassis measurements etc for you.

Karl

Eric

« Reply #23 on: 16, May, 2008 - 09:23:06 »
That would be beautiful Karl.

When I saw it I just had to have it.  I'm in California (US), and we've never seen anything of the like around here.

Our laws will permit me to run the beast up to 30MPH without incurring ridiculous fees.  I can register it for £3 and not be bothered by the police.  The pedals make the difference here.  With petrol prices as they are currently, I can't be bothered to shell out for a trip around town.

I'm gonna Rig up solar panels, and regenerative braking, just because I know how. :D

My wife is groaning at my cardboard mock up but I'll show her in the end. ;D

Oh, and the motor and front fork assembly is coming off of a Razor E200 Pocket Rocket.  I've ridden one and believe me, It has the power for this project.

jomac

« Reply #24 on: 22, May, 2008 - 21:11:28 »
It would be great to see regular pics of Erics machine but what is this pocket rocket?

Eric

Re: Make yourself known
« Reply #25 on: 23, May, 2008 - 18:56:04 »
http://www.razorama.com/raporopa.html That my friend, is the glory known as a razor pocket rocket.  Electric micro-bike that will do 18mph on a full charge, even with my 190 pound butt sitting on it. 

I have heard that they race gas models similar to this in Italy.

Hey they have belt drive motors available too.  Various wattages and various controllers.  I love using their parts, as they work well enough for most projects and the motors are really high-torque. they have a 650watt motor but its chain driven
« Last Edit: 23, May, 2008 - 18:59:41 by Eric »

Jeffers

« Reply #26 on: 27, May, 2008 - 23:15:03 »
Hi guys my name is jon.
Im 18 from thanet in kent and am looking to buy a C5 with my next pay packet.
Seems like the perfect way to get about despite the many hills in my area.  :D

Might see if i can get a car stereo mounted in a box where the second battery would go, that'd be cool.  :D

Oh and im quite a whiz software side of computers if anyone has any problems ill be happy to lend a hand.  :)

Cant wait for a C5 damn the lack of funds :'(

jomac

« Reply #27 on: 28, May, 2008 - 19:14:01 »
Hi Jon, if your good with your fingers, then you will eventually get what you want, search the site and see my current project, it was a scapper for a fiver, ive started it and posted some pics, determined to do the same as you, add your comments, all ideas are welcome

Elias

« Reply #28 on: 15, July, 2008 - 08:10:20 »
Hello all C5 enthusiasts,

My name is Elias and i live in Kaarina, SW corner of Finland. For years I have been thinking about building a recumbent but as I noticed a C5 for sale I did not hesitate. My C5 is good condition. It has originally been used by kids of a wealthy family to go to the shop in countryside. As they got drivers licenses the C5 was unused in a garage for years. After that the chap I bought it from had bought it for his old mother. This lady used the C5 in her everyday life instead of a bike for a few years. Now as she's over 80 years old her hearing has deteriorated so badly that it is not safe for her to drive in the traffic anymore. The only modification that has been made is an extra main power switch in the left side of chassis.

Some pictures taken at the seller's home yard: http://picasaweb.google.com/puolivarjossa/SinclairC5

The rascal sitting in the vehicle is my 5 year son. He is not going to drive the C5 in traffic even if he would be allowed to do that according to local legislation ;-)

I am going to use the C5 to pedal around here in Kaarina. The town is a modern suburban town with lots of bike roads. I will also go to next bigger town, Turku with C5. The distance of 8 kilometres of relatively flat terrain should be sheer fun.

I am fairly happy with my C5. I'll have to replace the battery as the present 60Ah car battery is almost done. I'll write about my battery plan into some battery related thread. I also have to replace one bearing but I'll write about it to another thread.

Karl

« Reply #29 on: 15, July, 2008 - 10:43:26 »
Hi Elias and welcome to the forum  :)

Your C5 looks to be in good condition with some nice extras.

Sounds like you have the perfect roads on which to use it, so there must be some fun times ahead  8)