News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: low voltage cutoff  (Read 3253 times)

Offline wolfey

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
low voltage cutoff
« on: 22, May, 2013 - 07:37:17 »
I am currently operating my C5 with 2  3 cell lipo packs in parallel .This seems to reduce voltage drop under load but still results in an operating voltage of around 11v.As the consol leds are not connected, can I use packs rated at 21v where the voltage drop reduces this to around 19v? Or I could go for packs that give out around 14v under load.This is on a standard C5. I take it the aural warning is for low voltage and comes in at around 11v with cutout shortly after? I am not bothered about battery protections etc as I have my own instrumentation for monitoring the lipos. All and any opinions on this appreciated,thanks.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: low voltage cutoff
« Reply #1 on: 22, May, 2013 - 12:19:48 »
If you have the control box still conected you are likley to damage the voltage regulator if just the motor and no sinclair electronics you  will be fine

Offline wolfey

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Re: low voltage cutoff
« Reply #2 on: 22, May, 2013 - 12:52:21 »
Thanks for your reply.I will make sure there are no electronics connected and then experiment with different pack voltages,taking into account the voltage drop under load.