News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Urgent request for help !!  (Read 3616 times)

Karl

Urgent request for help !!
« on: 07, May, 2010 - 09:26:53 »
The lovely people at Aardman need a healthy,good condition (new ?) genuine Sinclair battery ASAP;

The prep for the shoot is moving along quickly now and I’m being asked to source all sorts of Sinclair inventions! One of the things we are hoping to feature in the item is a comparison between the C5’s lead acid battery and modern electric car lithium ion batteries.

I was wondering what the likelihood of us borrowing your C5’s battery for a few days would be? We would of course pay for postage, look after it and return it to you as soon as possible. We would need it to arrive in the office by Wednesday next week and could have it back to you by Saturday 15th.

Can anyone help out ?

Let me know as soon as possible, if would be great to be able to help these guys out with their filming project;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1001.0

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Urgent request for help !!
« Reply #1 on: 08, May, 2010 - 05:07:32 »
Can't help with a battery, but have a working Sinclair TV (the second one he brought out) and a non working flat screen tv and a Sincalir Black watch.

All in very good condition.

Let me know if any of these are needed.

John

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 08, May, 2010 - 07:33:40 »
hi there boo boo,i do have a sinclair oringnal battery and its only 4 months old...if this is any help contact me......neil

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 08, May, 2010 - 09:00:41 »
Once again the c5alive forum members have come to the rescue  8)

I've passed on details of what we can provide, I'll let you know what the reply is.

Thanks guys  :)

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 10, May, 2010 - 15:16:15 »
Can't help with a battery, but have a working Sinclair TV (the second one he brought out) and a non working flat screen tv and a Sincalir Black watch.

All in very good condition.

Let me know if any of these are needed.

John

John - they are interested in the watch , I have emailed you the contact details  8)

marcdonnelly

« Reply #5 on: 10, May, 2010 - 16:05:34 »
The lady that sold me the c5 had 3 orignal battery,s  which i declined , but i dont know there condition i could pass you her details if that helps.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #6 on: 10, May, 2010 - 17:03:29 »
No problem, i am on leave at the moment and not at home and don't have access to my e mail for a day or so, but have limited access to the internet via my balckberry when i have a signal.

I will have a look asap and let you know how i get on

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 13, May, 2010 - 17:43:52 »
Just a short update on this.

The guys at Aardman settled for a "dead" original Sinclair battery, so I've loaned out one of mine that I use to weigh down my gazebo's at car shows etc.  Here's a quote from a recent email;

"The battery arrived safe and sound by the way, its on its way to meet Clive Sinclair himself as we speak"

Because I've yet to meet the great man himself, I find myself feeling jealous of an old battery  :o ;D
« Last Edit: 13, May, 2010 - 17:46:11 by BooBoo »

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #8 on: 13, May, 2010 - 18:10:30 »
Ask him to sign the battery for you .....Could be worth quite a bit in time 

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 14, May, 2010 - 17:37:12 »
Ask him to sign the battery for you .....Could be worth quite a bit in time 

Funnily enough, when I found out where it was headed I did ask for it to be signed  ;D

...but looks like I missed the boat  :'(;

Ah sorry Karl, I’m afraid the battery signing wasn’t possible by the time I got your email… but at least you can know that its been on TV with him and, more importantly, Wallace and Gromit!!