News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Benniz Sinclair c5 mod £100 ebay project new pictures  (Read 16487 times)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !

Benniz

Re: Benniz Sinclair c5 mod £100 ebay project new pictures
« Reply #16 on: 23, January, 2010 - 07:53:08 »
Yeah I remember a amazing exsample on eBay about 5-6 months ago, Purple body and completely refurbished All shiny new parts It went for just under £5000!!

Karl

« Reply #17 on: 23, January, 2010 - 10:29:06 »
The Bond Bug is 40 years old this year ...

They do come up now and again on e bay also on the owners group you get the odd one for sale.

http://www.bondbug.com/

The Bond Bug is one of my all time favourite vehicles, there's usually a few at Ardingly each year.

..anyone remember this "brain teaser" from earlier on ?

What do the following all have in common ?

a Bond Bug

a Raleigh Chopper

a Star Wars landspeeder

a Bush TR82 radio

Answer is on the link;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=385.0

--- apologies for the thread drift  ;)
« Last Edit: 23, January, 2010 - 10:31:07 by BooBoo »

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #18 on: 23, January, 2010 - 23:55:26 »
20 odd years ago there was a group of bug enthusiasts based in south london who used to reallysoup them up, and boy could those one's babys go  :o

regs
alan

Henrik Ga

« Reply #19 on: 25, January, 2010 - 11:18:45 »
Okay

what is it, that is so special with your motor, i have found this one, and its cheap 95$

http://www.goldenmotor.com/hubmotors/hubmotor-12_REAR_MOTOR.pdf

Benniz

« Reply #20 on: 25, January, 2010 - 14:07:47 »
Another Picture of progress, Not long now Im hoping, but the paint colur i use has run out so that is gonna delay it, Paint is wet and only 1st coat which is why it looks a bit patchy

@Henrik The reason it is special is because it is a 36v 250w motor but is a brushless hub mounted in the middle of the front 12" wheel which makes this sinclair front wheel drive :D

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #21 on: 11, May, 2010 - 15:38:02 »
I once swapped a Bond Bug in bits for some electronic parts that I had lying around. I then started to restore it.I immediately stopped working on it as a result of the ride I'd had as a passenger in one.  It is as dangerous a vehicle as a Sinclair C5 would be on the road, but for different reasons of course.
I am not averse to open cars, or speed, having built a 300bhp 700kg road legal sports/racing car, but it stops and corners(unlike the Bug), and is, unlike the C5, visible to other traffic, oh and it has a cage and harnesses in case of accident

Offline moggieman

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #22 on: 11, May, 2010 - 19:29:41 »

Here's my Bug. Only had it a few months but I find it surprisingly stable on the corners. It is noisy and its worst point is the hot leg/cold leg issue - the engine is in the middle of the car next to the driver's left leg and the leatherette 'doors' are pretty draughty. It must be on a par for quirkiness compared with the C5 - certainly gets a lot of attention.

Karl

« Reply #23 on: 11, May, 2010 - 21:58:16 »
Love those bond bugs, they usually pitch up next to us at the Ardingly show - all the owners are real characters as well  ;D