News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Sinclairing the dog.  (Read 4274 times)

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Sinclairing the dog.
« on: 06, November, 2010 - 12:56:15 »
As I promised before here is the video I made about how you can use your C5 if you don't have an engine or a other problem that doesn't make it run by itself. This solution is great for the condition of your dog! I had a pretty heavy battery aboard, so as you can hear in this video, I use the engine if I see gravel on the road. I don't want Frey (my dog) to hurt his paws. Without the battery on board (110Amp, 75 lbs) he goes a lot faster.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kFELIJQLcI

greetings

Frank and Frey

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Re: Sinclairing the dog.
« Reply #1 on: 06, November, 2010 - 16:11:08 »
I'm bringing my Dog on the next C5 run, who needs batterys  ;D

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 08, November, 2010 - 09:54:09 »
You have re-invented the dog-cart.
A team of huskys would test the C5 brakes somewhat!
But then ,a camel(who needs the C5 then) would surely prove interesting for those who relish unusual transport and think of the speed one could achieve galloping along the coastal parts of this island without having to pedal or worry about battery range. The neighbours would surely be delighted to have such a creature housed in a large shed in the back garden.

Offline techytype

« Reply #3 on: 09, November, 2010 - 22:43:04 »
i was waiting for the dog to spot a cat  :o lol!

there are several guys near me who have their staffs pull them on their bikes, all very macho  ::).

when a staff decides it needs to perform a No.2, they tend to stop dead. i was very privileged to witnessed one hapless owner demonstrating the art of going airborne after his 'power source' suddenly become an anchor, without any warning.

This dog had the brakes a C5 owner can only dream of
 ;D ;D ;D

Alan

Offline frankev

« Reply #4 on: 10, November, 2010 - 07:02:53 »
i was waiting for the dog to spot a cat  :o lol!

Sorry Techytype, but my dog is not a Stafford, my dog doesn't react to cats, ducks or other dogs.
He is obsessed by his "work". When he can please the boss, that makes his day
And I don't have tattoos or anything like that.

Frank :D

alexbromo

« Reply #5 on: 10, November, 2010 - 07:37:59 »
ahahahahahaha !!!

Poor Frank, what long rung ... especially without the satisfaction of biting the front tyre !  ;D

Alex Bromo

Offline frankev

« Reply #6 on: 10, November, 2010 - 09:11:01 »
They told me that border collies, do that with sheep, all the time, they nibble in the behind legs, to make them run faster, or go hurry up. Frey does this with my front tyre. When I was running him with my bicycle, a long time ago, he ruined two of my front tyres.  :( . It is hard wired in his system so it will take a while to make him stop doing this.
But now, no longer able to ride a normal bike, we do it with the sinclair. He cannot get there (at the front tyre) anymore.  :D. It will take a little while for him to see the pointlessness of his attempts.
And Alex, i dont understand, "poor Frank".  ???  First my dog's name is Frey, and second, this was not a long run at all to him. Poor Frey, course he is not aloud to bite my C5 sheep in the legs, I would understand that. If I take my C5 out of the shed Frey starts getting very, very, excited and brings me his leash. sorry for him that is not the only reason I have my C5. Than he is really disappointed. :'(
Its the same with frisbee's I can throw them for hours but it is never enough for Frey.
He is almost as fanatic with these things as I am with my C5.  ;)

Offline techytype

« Reply #7 on: 10, November, 2010 - 11:41:05 »
i have had two border collies, the first was just so intelligent, all sorts of tricks and fast learner.

her favourite game was fetch, play it for hours. i used to tease her with tiny bits of paper and i mean a quarter of a bit of confetti, she'd drop it a meter away, so i say 'fetch', stamps her feet in impatience brings it another 6 inches closer, and so on until i'd and make her drop it on my foot.

she got her own back and i'm convinced it was premeditated, i was in the garden standing casualy on the concrete patio talking across the fence to a neighbour, when she suddenly dropped a full house brick on my bare foot  ;D.

normally we do this bring it closer bit, this was the only time she did this fetch with a brick and without any bring it closer.

boy did i hope about much to the amusement of this neighbour :D.

the second collie was very pretty, but had no interest in games or running of any sort, you throw a ball she'd look in the direction, and then look at you as if to say 'you threw it, so you go get it fool!'.

think she had a point  ::)
 ;D
Alan

Offline frankev

« Reply #8 on: 10, November, 2010 - 13:28:24 »
Well techytype,

Just look at these, and you know all about the fanatism of my dog
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Q9eeRacLQ
or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8T172Ykq_4&feature=related
 lets say, he is a freak. A sporty freak, thats for sure.
The part with the brick on your foot sounds very border collie like.
Probably looked at you after like: what, what, isn't this what you always wanted me to do?
Nice dogs, though.

Frank

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #9 on: 10, November, 2010 - 15:21:35 »
Well just this morning I saw a pushbike being pulled along by two huskies! I was driving so a camera opportunity wasnt available BUT i think he is local to me, so I will see if he is up for a comedy c5 video!

alexbromo

« Reply #10 on: 10, November, 2010 - 16:10:07 »
And Alex, i dont understand, "poor Frank"...

Sorry for mistake, I did not understand clearly the name: my PC audio system is a disaster ...  :-[

Alex Bromo.
« Last Edit: 10, November, 2010 - 16:30:32 by alexbromo »