News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Rear indicator lense template  (Read 3067 times)

Offline POZE

• Battery level: 1
Rear indicator lense template
« on: 25, April, 2011 - 09:06:02 »
Hi
Does anyone have a link to a copy of the rear indicator template ?  I see in the instructions to fit the indicators that there should be a template for the rear  to use.

Also , any photos of the spring clips to hold the front and rear lenses on with?  I'm also missing these.

Cheers, Poze

Offline Pyrasanth

• Battery level: 0
Re: Rear indicator lense template
« Reply #1 on: 25, April, 2011 - 12:40:50 »
Hi Paul,

Is this what you mean -

I'm not sure there was a paper cutout for the back

Cheers

Gary

Offline POZE

« Reply #2 on: 26, April, 2011 - 09:47:51 »
Cheers Gary, good pic, nice one!

I dont have the instructions on me, but i thought it said that there was also a rear template and to use this, i'll have a look, but i think it will be very easy to just cut one out myself, i'm keen to get it spot on when i drill the holes etc.

Its also interesting to see these spring clips, i need to get some or something similiar, i have nothing at the moment to secure the front or rears. If your aware of anything i can buy of ebay/wilkinsons etc, let me know.

Id like to have a go fitting them this weekend, then i'll get that digital flasher relay and think about wiring them up.

nice one, Poze

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 26, April, 2011 - 10:25:24 »
I've just checked out my boxed set of  c5 indicators and there is no paper template for the rear set, just the  "hard" plastic one shown in the earlier picture. The only paper template is for the front set, a copy of all the fitting instructions is on Roy Woodwards site ( www.Sinclairc5.com );
 http://www.sinclairc5.com/acc_inst/acc_inst_indic_page_1.htm

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #4 on: 26, April, 2011 - 16:05:35 »
I've just checked out my boxed set of  c5 indicators and there is no paper template for the rear set, just the  "hard" plastic one shown in the earlier picture. The only paper template is for the front set, a copy of all the fitting instructions is on Roy Woodwards site ( www.Sinclairc5.com );
 http://www.sinclairc5.com/acc_inst/acc_inst_indic_page_1.htm

Thats why no two c5s have the indicators in the same place!

Offline POZE

« Reply #5 on: 27, April, 2011 - 11:28:21 »
Hey,
So is that plastic thing in Garys photo a template? Ive not got my indicator lenses on me to check.

Im keen to get the fixings spot on.

Also, the instructions say there should be a tool to open out the hole, does anyone happen to have a photo of a complete box set? BooBoo, i suspect you do! little stash or rareties...!

Next up, i still need to locate the spring clips, flasher and then im on the way!

I plan to buy the exact 2mm drill bit later and the 15mm one for the fronts. I want a perfect fitment as ive saved them for so long!

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #6 on: 27, April, 2011 - 11:54:28 »
Hi there I do have the tool for opening the back hole and the template if you want to borrow them just  let me know ..Chas