News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Meetings for 2010  (Read 3181 times)

Karl

Meetings for 2010
« on: 28, January, 2010 - 22:10:22 »
I've taken a look through the meetings and events arranged for this year.

It is good to see that the calendar is already filling up with a good mix of "static" events such as Ardingly, Medway and Brooklands etc and a few of our more traditional "runs".

The best bit about the static events is that our families and friends can come along and get involved at the different venues - so there is something for everyone to enjoy even if they're not overly interested in our c5's  :o.

The runs are good fun because we get to ride around different parts of the country using the c5's as they were intended - on the open roads and bike lanes  ;D.

Up til now I've managed to get to everything - but this year might have to be a bit different  :-\. There is the real possibility my shift rota will change causing a few snags for the events I've planned , and those still to be arranged.

So if anyone wants to go ahead and organise some additional events to those listed, I'm more than happy to support them - and will always come along if I can  :)

Offline mike7201

• Battery level: 0
    • Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
Re: Meetings for 2010
« Reply #1 on: 28, January, 2010 - 22:19:26 »
I'd still like to 'bagsy' a date for August.  Perhaps the 21st August?  Doesn't specifically have to be this date, but thought I'd mention it to see what people thought.

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 29, January, 2010 - 22:31:47 »
I'd still like to 'bagsy' a date for August.  Perhaps the 21st August?  Doesn't specifically have to be this date, but thought I'd mention it to see what people thought.

If you want to go ahead with the 21st August let me know and we can get the ball rolling - I'll update the calendar etc.

Might be an idea to create a new topic in the meetings section for me to link to the calendar, just follow the format of the other meeting topics.

Offline mike7201

« Reply #3 on: 29, January, 2010 - 22:48:29 »
Will do.  Please edit or adjust as you see necessary.  I'm still new to this, so may make mistakes.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 29, January, 2010 - 23:44:00 »
Perfect mate, all linked to the calendar and added to the events list.

Only a suggestion, but it might be worth adding how many miles you expect to cover on the day - helps people to gauge how many batteries they need to bring.
« Last Edit: 29, January, 2010 - 23:46:28 by BooBoo »

Offline mike7201

« Reply #5 on: 29, January, 2010 - 23:57:08 »
Never thought of that!  Blimey, do you guys bring more than one battery on a ride?  I always wondered how you did it!!

Okey doke, I'll see if I can get a better detail of the route in mileage, and if it's too much, we could shorten it, or change the starting and finishing point, and make it a one-way trip, opposed to a circular route.  That's the good part of it.  It's quite flexible in the sense that there are several places you can start or finish.

I'll update when I have more facts.

Thanks,

Mike