News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: A review of C5alive in 2009  (Read 2687 times)

Karl

A review of C5alive in 2009
« on: 02, January, 2010 - 12:57:30 »
Looking back over last years meetings and events, what is your favourite memory from c5alive's 2009 events ?

Mine has to be watching "challenger" complete the Test Hill challenge  ;D, closely followed by umpa's brake cable snapping swerve during Rays Norfolk run  :o, or possibly the exploding inner tubes at Martins Horsham run  :P...not forgetting the beer tent at Ardingly   :D

A lot of great memories   

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: A review of C5alive in 2009
« Reply #1 on: 02, January, 2010 - 15:38:24 »
I do like the hill we go down on the royal run, getting up to about 25 mph, great fun  ;D , but I do say that each meeting is a great laugh, and the fact that I have met some great new friends over the past couple of years is the best bit.

Retro Andy

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 02, January, 2010 - 16:07:43 »
I had to think for a few Minuit's, for me I think it was the London run, when we met up with the other C5'rs.  The stop at Harrods and the photo shoot with the fake Clive.  Rays bearing breaking and the trip down speakers corner.  Its a hard decision as they are all fantastic days out.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #3 on: 02, January, 2010 - 17:04:03 »
Being new to C5Alive would have to be our first visit to Brooklands - at the time we only had a non-runner C5 which we had just picked up of e-bay - and we drove 'proper' working one's for the first time and discovered the C5 grin !!! Chatted to Karl and Angie about the C5'S and have been hooked ever since !!!. Just thinking this time last year we knew nothing about C5 and have now built one from scratch - just goes to show how dam good c5ALIVE is !!!!!Thanks guy's for all your help -- ps must admit Umpa losing his brake with a camcorder in the other hand was very very funny.