News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: More lights  (Read 3409 times)

Nitrowing

More lights
« on: 06, July, 2009 - 23:57:18 »
Been back to Maplins for LED's and solar panels - I'll get some daytime pics done tomorrow  ;D

Karl

Re: More lights
« Reply #1 on: 07, July, 2009 - 07:58:55 »
That looks superb mate, with the added bonus of actually being able to see where you are going at night  8).

Love those rear lights, any of them set up as brake lights ?

The mirrors look good too, I bet they actually work as mirrors should. Personally, as much as I love the styling of the genuine Sinclair mirrors, they are not great at actually showing what is behind you  :D

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #2 on: 07, July, 2009 - 08:23:06 »
Looks very nice !

Nitrowing

« Reply #3 on: 07, July, 2009 - 09:37:44 »
I've taken a bit of urine extraction over the mirrors... they're carbon fibre ones that I bought for one of my motorbikes that never got fitted!
I'm planning on getting a high level LED brake light fitted, the ones you can see are just individual ones (that come in a pack of 4 from Maplins and Halfords). I couldn't fit them exactly where I wanted because of the shape of the C5 moulding.

Total cost of LED's so far is £36.

automino

« Reply #4 on: 08, July, 2009 - 00:17:50 »
hi how did you get the blue front light please?

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 08, July, 2009 - 08:16:20 »

I'm guessing he used a blue led type bulb, that's what I used on Voodoo a little while back.

Still got a few knocking about if you want one.

Nitrowing

« Reply #6 on: 11, July, 2009 - 18:00:46 »
As booBoo said, it's a 5 blue LED spotlight from Maplins (£5 I think) that replaced the torch unit that was on the C5 when I got it. Here's a pic that shows the foil covered postcard that I've inserted to increase reflection...

These are the day time pics, first showing the 2x8 white LED marker lights (£20 from Maplins)...

This is the front view showing the forward facing solar panel that's bolted back-to-back with a rear facing, identical panel. They produce around 1.5 Watts each...

This is the rear view showing both rear solar panels. The bottom one is mounted using 6mm allen bolts with wing nuts on the inside for quick removal...