News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Finally Making a start  (Read 2096 times)

c5boy90

Finally Making a start
« on: 31, March, 2012 - 20:12:44 »
Hi all
I got my other c5  out of storage today (I had been storing it in my brothers garage for the past 4 years) and got it all washed and pumped up the tyres. I hooked up a battery and tried the motor it is working but I am getting the dreaded clicking noise but apart from that everything is working ok lights pod etc so it should just be a light restoration hopefully lol. I will get some pictures and upload them tomorrow.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Finally Making a start
« Reply #1 on: 01, April, 2012 - 07:29:39 »
Sounds as if you need to check them motor brushes bud  :) :)

c5boy90

« Reply #2 on: 01, April, 2012 - 15:47:23 »
Hi
I took it a run today and it isn't actually a clicking noise it is more of a loud crunching noise but if you pedal to get it up to a good speed then use the power the noise goes away and it runs as normal however once you start slowing down the noise returns. I have had a look and it seems like the belt is possibly loose.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #3 on: 01, April, 2012 - 18:11:03 »
Hi
I took it a run today and it isn't actually a clicking noise it is more of a loud crunching noise but if you pedal to get it up to a good speed then use the power the noise goes away and it runs as normal however once you start slowing down the noise returns. I have had a look and it seems like the belt is possibly loose.

Possibly a faulty bearing causing movement in parts of the motor/gearbox?

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #4 on: 01, April, 2012 - 20:03:56 »
Hi Check that the motor is on the mounting correctly.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1994.msg16013.html#msg16013.

If this has been at an angle for a long time it could have caused the gearbox and motor to of snapped off.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,368.0.html

Hope this helps

Lance