News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: 28/1/09 : Practical Classics Magazine Shoot  (Read 7945 times)

c5martin

28/1/09 : Practical Classics Magazine Shoot
« on: 29, January, 2009 - 17:30:43 »

« Last Edit: 29, January, 2009 - 19:23:31 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

Re: 28/1/09 : Magazine Shoot
« Reply #1 on: 29, January, 2009 - 19:22:56 »
I'll post my piccies a little later  :)

Some details ; Martin and I were invited to the workshops of Practical Classics magazine to help them with a feature on the Sinclair C5. We provided a couple of c5's and accessories etc for a photo-shoot. It was a fantastic day out for us, with everyone there having that huge "C5 grin" that seems to appear whenever anyone tries one out  ;D

The guys at Practical Classics all seemed to give the C5 a thumbs up , and hopefully the C5 will appear in a copy of their magazine soon  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: 28/1/09 : Practical Classics Magazine Shoot
« Reply #2 on: 30, January, 2009 - 06:37:35 »
It is a sad thing to see in one photo the closed doors of Woolworths, but as i'm sure Sir Clive would tell you, in retail you have your up's and your down's, this is why i think its important for the likes of us to keep this little British icon marval the C5, alive "forever"
Looks like another good day, i would love to a nose round that workshop and look foward to seeing the article  :)

Retro Andy .

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 30, January, 2009 - 11:29:23 »
It is a sad thing to see in one photo the closed doors of Woolworths, ....

Quite weird really, considering Woolworths were one of the retailers who sold C5's new.

It's a bit like the ghost of a c5 is visiting a newly deceased Woolworths store  :o

Except that because of this forum and its members, the c5 is still alive and out there bringing smiles to peoples faces  8)

As for the Practical Classics workshop, you would have been in your element Andy. My favourite was the Rover P6, but I also liked the Triumph Spitfire and can't wait to see how the Mk2 Jag turns out. I mentioned your Toyota Supra to one of the guys and he was amazed it failed to sell.  Turns out one of the guys at the magazine used to have one as well.
You might want to keep a eye out for the Audi Quattro they are working on, which I reckon is just the car for you mate   ;)

« Last Edit: 30, January, 2009 - 17:35:43 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #4 on: 31, January, 2009 - 08:32:36 »

You might want to keep a eye out for the Audi Quattro they are working on, which I reckon is just the car for you mate   ;)

Now the Audi Quattro was always a car i had wanted, until about five years ago when i did buy one cheap (£1000.00 with some issues) after myself and and friend to help with the mechanical stuff, spending a long time doing the jobs required and getting it looking good again, we only managed to get back what we had spent  :'(, which was about half what we thought it was worth, anyway had a couple of nice spins in it.

Retro Andy.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 23, November, 2009 - 08:52:09 »
While I was at the NEC Classic Car show I had a chat with the guys from Practical Classics and mentioned the C5-25 event at Brooklands in January. Here's an email I received today ;

Hi Karl,

Sounds fantastic! I’ve just got time to slip it into our events calendar for the February issue, which’ll be on sale on December 30th. I’ll see if I can squeeze in a small news item too.

We really must make use of the pics we took earlier in the year. The reason we’ve been holding back is that the material seems too good for the limited space we originally set aside for it. I’ll put a proper 25th birthday feature forward at our next planning meeting.

Best wishes,

Sam

Fingers crossed this works out - with luck we will see a proper c5 feature in this superb magazine  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 23, November, 2009 - 15:33:05 »
Sounds good stuff Karl, would be great to get a mention for Brooklands etc in Pratical Classics.

Retro Andy.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #7 on: 23, November, 2009 - 17:05:54 »
Sounds good Karl - top mag featuring a top vehicle