News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: new to the C5 world  (Read 2408 times)

Marklallen

new to the C5 world
« on: 08, April, 2012 - 11:27:50 »
Morning everyone,

I hope your all well and enjoying a relaxing Sunday..
I have recently purchased a three C5's with the intention of firstly making one road worthy and the restoring the others when my knowledge is of a good enough level,
my first question to you guys is, What is the best replacement batteries currently on the market?

regards Mark

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: new to the C5 world
« Reply #1 on: 08, April, 2012 - 11:35:08 »
A good battery that fits within the battery top is a Yuasa 038 car battery. If you have the C5 Alive wiring kit installed any 12V battery that fits in the footwell will do, the bigger the Ah rating the larger the range usually.

Leisure batteries usually give a good range & last a good while because they were made to go flat and be re-charged 100s of times.

Marklallen

« Reply #2 on: 08, April, 2012 - 11:39:33 »
thanks buddy

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 08, April, 2012 - 12:26:21 »
Take a look through the tried and tested section ;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=13.0

..personally I tend to use cheap car batteries. All my c5's (even those I've sold on) have c5alive wiring kits fitted so I can take advantage of whatever batteries come in at a bargain price  8)

A lot depends on what level of usage you intend to place on the c5 as all batteries need to be "exercised" to extract the longest life span. It makes little sense splashing out on a mega expensive battery and then leaving it to decay prematurely by only using it a couple of times a year. 

c5boy90

« Reply #4 on: 08, April, 2012 - 13:15:45 »
I have a leisure battery in one of my C5s and it works very well also you can get a good range out of it the only thing is it is quite heavy.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #5 on: 08, April, 2012 - 14:31:28 »
Hi and welcome. Were others have had good experience with leisure batteries I have had the opposite.
I mainly use Bosch S5 batteries giving 5 year warranty.and they have more AHr rating for the same size battery.

Lance

Marklallen

« Reply #6 on: 08, April, 2012 - 18:00:09 »
thanks everyone for the input, very much apprieciated