News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: C5 Valuation - Now with Pictures  (Read 3812 times)

mattl

C5 Valuation - Now with Pictures
« on: 22, October, 2012 - 20:18:21 »
Im after an idea of what my C5 may be worth as im thinking of selling up :(

I bought it with the intention of using it to commute to work to be different, but other projects mean im having to abandon this one. Any details of the C5.

Its not bad looking at all, it hasnt been painted or anything. The previous owner fitted strange lights  the side, i have since changed these to flush circular side repeaters off a range rover (not currently wired up). Its fitted with a steel wheel up front and an uprated bmx u brake with nice 2 finger brake levers. Its a working C5 that drives but its got no pod and is currently running on a safety relay. Its got new tyres all round. I have got the rear wheel covers, and front and rear lamp lenses but no bulb holders (i planned to convert to led lights) Again there is currently no wiring for the lamps. It also needs a boot lock.

Its a nice C5 thats mostly complete, its certainly not a basket case. i think it would make a nice winter project for someone but like I say, im not sure on what its worth. What do you all think?

Cheers, Matt
« Last Edit: 27, October, 2012 - 12:54:09 by mattl »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: C5 Valuation
« Reply #1 on: 22, October, 2012 - 21:15:05 »
Pictures would certainly help ;)

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 24, October, 2012 - 09:58:28 »
I hate to state the obvious but any c5 is only ever worth what someone is prepared to pay..I was stunned to see a c5 I restored ,complete with indicators ,horn etc only sell for £250 on Ebay. Others that were not as highly specced previously sold for much more , so valuation is not an exact science and values certainly fluctuate.

Looking at Ebay sales gives an idea of what stuff is selling for at a given time.

Offline dansretropod

• Battery level: 3
  • The C5 was born to be customised... 3D style
    • www.c5owners.com
« Reply #3 on: 24, October, 2012 - 12:02:47 »
I think the location of the C5 also affects the valuation a lot as they're usually collection only.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 24, October, 2012 - 18:14:14 »
I think the location of the C5 also affects the valuation a lot as they're usually collection only.

..agreed, fuel costs being what they are it can easily add £100 or more if you have to travel to collect.

mattl

Re: C5 Valuation - Now with Pictures
« Reply #5 on: 27, October, 2012 - 12:50:11 »

« Last Edit: 27, October, 2012 - 12:53:28 by mattl »

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #6 on: 27, October, 2012 - 17:39:28 »
Taking into consideration the pictures and comparing your example to ones that have recently sold I think yours is worth something around £180-£220.

mattl

« Reply #7 on: 28, October, 2012 - 16:11:04 »
gutted. it owes me a bit more than that. never mind. off to the for sale section i go. someone will get themselves a bargain!

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #8 on: 18, November, 2012 - 20:26:46 »
Are those indicators ???

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #9 on: 19, November, 2012 - 06:20:53 »
Looks like a few parts are missing to be able to value it at a higher price, if you fit the wheel trims, wire up the  front light and repeaters etc and if you can get it looking cleaner I reckon it would be worth a little more. Although a shame it hasn't got the original wiring and control box fitted.

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 19, November, 2012 - 10:06:57 »
What affects its value the most is that as a project to return it to original spec it isnt financially viable , but as a consolation it is an excellent basis for a 24v conversion  8)