News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 5913 times)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Re: Hi all
« Reply #15 on: 16, January, 2012 - 17:40:49 »
PS - for uploading photos you are best trying www.yfrog.com or www.flikr.com

Richie

« Reply #16 on: 16, January, 2012 - 18:32:24 »
I thank you all for your comments.
So far I need to sort out the C5 as 'prevention is better than cure'.
Right then, what battery do I buy and where do I one of your wiring kits from that a fool can sort out cus me and electrics aint the bet of friends! Simpler the better in my book.
Once the battery is sorted and the wiring kit is sorted then if it still doesn't work than thats a couple of things ruled out.
I have tried to get on the C5alive shop but the computer aint having it. 404 error!

Karl

« Reply #17 on: 17, January, 2012 - 08:23:00 »
I thank you all for your comments.
So far I need to sort out the C5 as 'prevention is better than cure'.
Right then, what battery do I buy and where do I one of your wiring kits from that a fool can sort out cus me and electrics aint the bet of friends! Simpler the better in my book.
Once the battery is sorted and the wiring kit is sorted then if it still doesn't work than thats a couple of things ruled out.
I have tried to get on the C5alive shop but the computer aint having it. 404 error!

Richie , send me an email of what you want and I'll sort it for you  :)  (karl@c5alive.co.uk)

The shop has been taken down for a rebuild and maintenance etc. but all the items are still available  ;)

For info on batteries , I find type 063 and type 065 very useful. Check out the tried and tested section of this forum for reviews of the various makes we've all been using.
« Last Edit: 17, January, 2012 - 08:25:34 by BooBoo »

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #18 on: 17, January, 2012 - 12:21:54 »
I'm pretty pleased with my battery http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2144.0

But keep in mind that I'm a new C5 owner too so this is my first battery. Been getting me to work and back with no probs even on the coldest days.

Richie

« Reply #19 on: 21, January, 2012 - 10:35:01 »
I have had a play with the key operated ignition and decided to buy a C5alive wiring kit. Once that is all fitted I can then get a battery and off I go!
What are owners experiences with batteries remembering that I will have a C5 wiring kit and not the standard set up.
cheers

Richie

« Reply #20 on: 21, January, 2012 - 10:42:37 »
My C5 is still running on the original Sinclair Tyres which show cracking and I don't want to go too far as I don't fancy pushing it back home with 3 flats!
The tyres I have found are the Schwalbe tyre which are about £45 which include the inner tubes.
What do people pay for them and are there alternatives?
Thanks

Offline thedesigntailor

• designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #21 on: 21, January, 2012 - 12:36:32 »
You will find lots of discussion about batteries here. My favourite is this one but there is no standard that people use.

Schwalbes are the tyre of choice which BooBoo (who is C5alive owner Karl) sells these and may have a better price then you found else where.

There is normally an ecommerce shop that we get all our parts and accessories from but its down for a rebuild at the moment :)

Richie

« Reply #22 on: 21, January, 2012 - 14:03:51 »
Cheers for your comments
I was going to give Karl a break as he has been sorting me out with the C5alive wiring kit which I will have next week.
Once that is all fitted and the C5 moves WITHOUT pedal power I will ask him about sorting me out with the tyres.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #23 on: 22, January, 2012 - 10:12:56 »
Welcome to the forum Richie, you will find once you have the C5 alive wiring kit on and a good battery its the best way to keep your C5 easily on the road, I had problems trying to use the original key switch (difficult to keep a good connection all the time)
P.S They are easy to fit and come with instructions a fool can follow (I did) and you can keep the old key switch and wiring for if you ever decide to refit them.

Retro Andy.   

Richie

« Reply #24 on: 26, January, 2012 - 16:40:49 »
C5alive wiring kit fitted.
Battery lights on pod all lit. (right side)
The far left and right yellow lights on the left hand side of the pod stay on and the coloured ones just flash. Motor tested directly against the battery and it works.
Still a way to go to get it working!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #25 on: 27, January, 2012 - 16:03:39 »
Don't worry bud you will soon be up and running  :)