News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: C5 motor, And Gearbox.  (Read 6062 times)

12vboywilson

C5 motor, And Gearbox.
« on: 23, April, 2008 - 20:40:59 »
Okay, So I've got my eye on a certain C5 from Mark, And It has no motor OR gearbox.

1st question. What are the power specs of the motor? Need all the basic info as I'm looking at changing the motor anyway.

2nd... Is the gearbox system simply a Transfer box? (Basically a Differential in principle) Or is it far more Complicated

3rd... Anyone know the Ah of the standard C5 battery?

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
Re: C5 motor, And Gearbox.
« Reply #1 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:03:34 »
1. 250W @ 12v 3300 rpm

2. No its a reduction drive

3. 36Ah

12vboywilson

« Reply #2 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:23:07 »
1. 250W @ 12v 3300 rpm

2. No its a reduction drive

3. 36Ah

Okay, SO I guess that the reduction drive would NOT be something I could scavenge from something else lol Any Idea how much one of them would cost?

12vboywilson

« Reply #3 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:32:35 »
And heres me hoping to have a running C5 for about 110 quid lol *Sigh* What really bugs me is the people who dont use them at all, And leave them sitting in the garage for... YEARS... without even maintaning them, Leaving all the parts to fail from inside out...

Gah, I had the same trouble getting hold of a classic Fiat Panda. All good intentions, But loads of them fall victim to uncaring owners ¬.¬

Sorry, Mini rant lol

12vboywilson

« Reply #4 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:37:47 »
Personally, I wouldnt sell a C5 to someone unless they have good intentions ^.^ Much like I wont sell my motorbike unless I know the person is gunna look after it lol

mark ((ex-c5alive))

« Reply #5 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:40:47 »
Personally, I wouldnt sell a C5 to someone unless they have good intentions ^.^ Much like I wont sell my motorbike unless I know the person is gunna look after it lol

You have hit the nail on the head there mate, I have refused many times in the past to sell a C5 to someone for that exact reason that I did not think it was going to a good home - any of the telltale signs such as "I am buying this go-kart for my boy to take racing in the woods" and I would rather keep it and stay skint !!

Mark

12vboywilson

« Reply #6 on: 23, April, 2008 - 21:43:45 »

You have hit the nail on the head there mate, I have refused many times in the past to sell a C5 to someone for that exact reason that I did not think it was going to a good home - any of the telltale signs such as "I am buying this go-kart for my boy to take racing in the woods" and I would rather keep it and stay skint !!

Mark

Yep ^.^
I've been known to give things away if I beleive someone can take better care of it than me as well XD Like my old VW golf, I just ran out of funding, So I gave it to a mechanically minded friend who was after a summer project, And it's back on the road now thanks to him ^.^

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #7 on: 23, April, 2008 - 23:21:41 »
Just to let you know my runing c5 stands me at £125 as it is and that was £50 for the c5 and £75 parts from c5alive. so it can be done. the c5 from mark would be a great investment £80 is good for a c5 with the pod and control box still there bit of scrimping and scraping i recon you wil have a good c5 for around the £150 mark which is a good £100 cheeper than buying one of egay!

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 24, April, 2008 - 07:59:13 »
It shouldn't come as any surprise that I happen to have a gearbox and motor..send me an e-mail and we can discuss beer tokens  8)

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 24, April, 2008 - 08:29:07 »
...and then we get another new member of the "brotherhood" to join us on our meetings  :-*

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 25, April, 2008 - 14:00:01 »
Mind you, if you havent got the dough it may as well be £1k....bit like my mini-el, it only needs £800 of batteries, but the cash has gone elsewhere  :(

I fully sympathise with wanting one and not having enough beer tokens.