C5 Help > C5 Support

Cleaning body work

<< < (2/3) > >>

Umpa:
Thanks again guys ;)

Umpa:
Well - it might be my turn to contribute !

I made an attempt at cleaning the wheel covers.

I used one or two different chemicals (what whe had in the house) and the results are good.

I used

Tescos BBQ cleaner
Solvent PVCu Cleaner
Acetone
Soft pan scourer green and white with sponge.

I found that they all have a role, but the BBQ cleaner worked the best.

copendriver:
Hi All

Took delivery of my 1st C5 yesterday & although not really that grubby at all I thought I'd have a go at cleaning some of the oily thumb prints they can attract.

I used a combination of the following:

1: Cif Power Cream spray, for Kitchen.

2: Auto Glym Clean Wheels. Leave this bite into the grainy surface of the C5's white body sections as this is an alloy wheel & plastic trim cleaner.

Then scoured this in gently with a green plastic scouring pad & a mesh covered sponge from a halfords cleaning kit.

When cleaning the alloy wheels on the car, I find stubborn area's which have break dust or tar stains, come off with an extra spray of Clean Wheels and some scrubbing using an old tooth brush. Could see this working on the C5 too.

If unsure of any NEW cleaning product is suitable I'm guessing it's wiser to do a test patch on an unseen part (say the underside of the seat) rather than my feet first approach!

Neil

fezza_rs:

--- Quote from: copendriver on  27, July, 2011  - 14:32:58 ---2: Auto Glym Clean Wheels. Leave this bite into the grainy surface of the C5's white body sections as this is an alloy wheel & plastic trim cleaner.

--- End quote ---

Its similar in make up to the TFR I use but a fair bit weaker.

danny7147:
Just thought I'd add mine to this. I used Cillit Bang bathroom, it doesn't really matter which Cillit Bang you use, it just happened that the bathroom one was on offer. Spray on. Wire scourers, the cheap value soap filled kind, and in an hour it went from being covered in grease and black marks to looking almost new. A quick soap and water afterwards and it's ready to show. Highly recommended :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version