News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Retro Andy's bigger 80's toy  (Read 6996 times)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Retro Andy's bigger 80's toy
« on: 18, December, 2008 - 21:41:21 »
Here's a few pictures of my Toyota Supra 3.0 auto, (I call it my gentleman's cruiser) it did'nt cost me a great deal, but for what i paid its a good old hack, the interior is in great condition and the body work is good, the bad bits are the bumpers are faded and scuffed, the exterior trims are coming away at the edges and a few marks here and there, but put your foot down and its great fun to drive.
I have thought about selling it in the new year and buy a c5 transporter, possibly a volvo 850 2.5 auto, what is good the job ?

Retro Andy.

Karl

Re: Retro Andy's bigger 80's toy
« Reply #1 on: 19, December, 2008 - 14:10:39 »
I hate to sound all "Clarkson" , but there really is no substitute for the sound of a big engine  8) , your Supra reminds me of the Merc 300ce I used to own - big and comfy.

As for what a C5 fits into, we did have a thread on this a while back ;

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73.0

...or you could go for a big old Estima/Previa so you can carry two. Might come in useful when you buy another C5 to add to your collection  :o ;)

I do like your Supra though, like a lot of cars from the 80's - there aren't many left trundling around.

« Last Edit: 19, December, 2008 - 14:13:49 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Offline fezza_rs

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 19, December, 2008 - 16:42:40 »
I want one of these 70/80's bad boys which had a load of supra parts bolted on (only the top one)! I think a c5 may fit in one to.

or

Answers on a postcard to Guess that car P.O box 079 London England to win a signed photo of me!
« Last Edit: 19, December, 2008 - 16:56:51 by fezza_rs »

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 19, December, 2008 - 19:23:06 »
yo fez, too funny   :D - although I didn't know which car it was, the clue might be in the name on the numberplate  :P

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=lotus+excel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

Wizbat

« Reply #4 on: 21, December, 2008 - 23:38:31 »
If we,re talking eighties toys I,ll have to try and find some pics of my 89 celica GT-R ,88 honda Supermagna and 83 honda CB750 custom, all of which are currently under much dust in the workshop.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 23, December, 2008 - 00:45:18 »
If we,re talking eighties toys I,ll have to try and find some pics of my 89 celica GT-R ,88 honda Supermagna and 83 honda CB750 custom, all of which are currently under much dust in the workshop.

ooh yes, I'm looking forward to your thread on 80's bikes - my fav's from that era were the GPz range of Kawasaki's (especially the 750 turbo and 900R ) plus the Yam RD350LC  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #6 on: 10, January, 2009 - 17:15:23 »
My Toyota Supra is know on e-bay for sale, i have been looking at prices of estate cars that will do the job, it must be automatic and well equiped with toys, i think i can pick a discent Volvo 850

Retro Andy     

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #7 on: 19, January, 2009 - 19:41:39 »
Karl, did you have much trouble getting a c5 in the back of the sierra, or did it not fit, as a mate a work know's someone who wants to sell his xantia 3.0 auto. similair size car, but have never tried fitting Charlie into one.

Retro Andy 

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 20, January, 2009 - 13:03:15 »
Karl, did you have much trouble getting a c5 in the back of the sierra, or did it not fit, as a mate a work know's someone who wants to sell his xantia 3.0 auto. similair size car, but have never tried fitting Charlie into one.

Retro Andy 

To make the c5 fit I had to remove the base of the rear seat. On a Sierra this wasnt a problem, only two small screws to undo. Using the same method, we managed to fit a c5 in Steve's old shape Rover 214 .

Other cars may be a little more complex

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=73.0

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
« Reply #9 on: 13, March, 2009 - 06:33:43 »
My Toyota sold on e-bay the other week, and i bought a Citroen Xantia 3.0 v6 24 valve, what a beast, its got all the toys i wanted, and it drives superb, i think i can get my c5 in with removing the rear the seat base, which is only two bolts. I will add some pictures later after its all polished.

Retro Andy