News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: 2 adults, 2 children, 1 C5 + 1 C5 bodyshell in an Estima  (Read 3112 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
2 adults, 2 children, 1 C5 + 1 C5 bodyshell in an Estima
« on: 17, June, 2009 - 13:44:41 »
After deciding to collect the C5 body from Karl at Brooklands on Saturday, i realised i wasn't quite sure how to get it in the car. As Karl saw, we had a bit of fun getting it in , but eventually we figured it out  :D

Got a few strange looks from other road users  ;D

I'm just glad our Estima has a Moon roof  ;D

Karl

Re: 2 adults, 2 children, 1 C5 + 1 C5 bodyshell in an Estima
« Reply #1 on: 17, June, 2009 - 15:30:13 »
..glad it was nice and sunny, might have been a bit soggy inside if it was raining  :D

Proves what a useful vehicle the Estima is though.I've used mine to collect and deliver C5's that I've bought & sold and to take my C5's to various shows/meetings without having to hire vans - so I reckon owning an Estima is actually saving me money  8)

Looking at the picture I reckon you'd be good at those "how many different items you can fit in a matchbox" type challenges  :)

Offline minidaz

« Reply #2 on: 17, June, 2009 - 15:57:30 »
I was also glad it wasn't raining as i was sitting 2nd row, looking out the back, so under the moon roof  :D

Riley's just done one of those matchbox challenges for school, but in a small smartie box. We managed 39, but the winner got close to 50  :o

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #3 on: 17, June, 2009 - 17:36:41 »
Has your's got a moon roof Karl ? how are you going to carry two C5's and a shell when you come to the Royal Run ?

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 18, June, 2009 - 10:34:52 »
Has your's got a moon roof Karl ? how are you going to carry two C5's and a shell when you come to the Royal Run ?

Retro Andy

yep - mine also has the moon roof, and looking at how Daz managed to squeeze the 'shell in certainly gives me a "plan B" to consider.

I'm still working on it, but I'm confident we will get the 'shell to you  ;)

Offline minidaz

« Reply #5 on: 18, June, 2009 - 10:44:29 »
The best bit about having the C5 and bodyshell in that way is that the bodyshell hardly moved at all. Even though i was sitting next to it, i didn't need to hold it in anyway.

It was all very secure, without the need for any straps etc

Daz