News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: Motor load problem revisited !!!  (Read 3716 times)

Offline Ant

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Motor load problem revisited !!!
« on: 17, June, 2012 - 22:11:26 »
Hello everybody,

As some of you know ive posted a couple of times to get some advice on a motor load problem i keep getting, basically every time i go out my motor load meter goes into the red within minutes, today i had the same problem.

I took the advice i was given from everybody and as soon i got in i done a couple of checks.... tyre pressure was fine, the motor was warm but in no way hot, i then decided to sit my c5 on a small table and give the motor a spin to see if could see any problems and i noticed what i think may be either a buckled wheel or a buckled rear spindle.

when the motor is engaged the chain cog definitely buckles and also the wheel on the right appears to buckle in and out i also tried to film this to get some advice please let me know what you think and how i could fix this problem.

http://youtu.be/k5IOeMslFhA

Thanks guys.
Ant

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Motor load problem revisited !!!
« Reply #1 on: 17, June, 2012 - 22:32:47 »
From the video it looks like it's a problem with the POD. But the buckled sprocket doesn't seem normal either, mine certainly isn't like that.

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #2 on: 17, June, 2012 - 22:35:09 »
Looking at it again, it could possibly be a bent axle causing a problem with the wheels & rear sprocket?

Offline Ant

« Reply #3 on: 17, June, 2012 - 22:40:54 »
yeah thats what i meant by spindle (Axle) i was thinking if thats slightly bent it could explain the buckle on the chain cog and also explain why the right unmotorized wheel is moving in and out ???

Offline jockywilson11

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #4 on: 17, June, 2012 - 22:57:52 »
The bearings at the right hand wheel might be worn causing that problem. Also the rear brake may be dragging as well.

Might be worth taking the right hand wheel off and inspecting the bearings, then adjusting the rear brake to stop it dragging.

On the left hand check the belt just isn't too tight that could also be a factor.

Cheers John.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #5 on: 18, June, 2012 - 07:48:17 »
Hi there as it has been stated the problem is that you have a bent axle but it is not bad and the C5 should run ok .
Regarding the pod lights I think that your pod chip is at fault (ULA) and is not reparable ......
The easiest way is to change the pod and see if the problem goes away ....That is if you can get one ???
 You could also have it checked out by one of the members ...

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #6 on: 18, June, 2012 - 15:34:11 »
Hi - the video was a good idea - makes things clear - The pod light is a fault - this can be as Chas correctly say's a non fixable issue with the ULA chip - however there is one item in the control box that can also give this fault - The sprocket and wheel movement are not uncommon - the break wheel as has been said is a little tight - if you can't get a pod to borrow to confirm the fault you are welcome to send it to me to check for you.

Regards Marty

Offline plumber

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #7 on: 18, June, 2012 - 23:28:30 »
hi there might not be the pod?...i had a c5 that done that and it was a bad contact in the control box......on the shunt wirring
hope that helps

the plumber

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 19, June, 2012 - 09:10:45 »
Looking at the video it looks like the axle may have bent slightly , they are hollow and it is easily done, but as Chas says none of them are 100 per cent true anyways and it doesnt look enough to justfy replacement. As already mentioned by others the brake side rear wheel may just need the bearings and/or  brakes adjusted.

As a suggestion you could always send the pod off to RadioMarty for testing and see if it needs sorting.

Offline Ant

« Reply #9 on: 19, June, 2012 - 10:09:24 »
thanks guys, ill make a few adjustments over the week end and let you know how it works out.

Ant