News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: (** Postponed ** ) Sunday September 19th 2010: St Osyths - Jaywick Clacton  (Read 6239 times)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
as a kid we used to caravan holiday in St Osythe's, most evenings we walked into Clacton via Jaywick all along the sea wall. back then, it was a very flat surface but i have not been there for many years.

we used to hire and ride those 'social 3 wheeler' 3 'up' pushbikes and rode them for miles along the sea wall. so if things have not change to much for the worst i thought it might be an ideal venue for us a meet up and ride and serve the suffolk/norfolk part of theC5 clan better.

so if anyone feel that's a viable venue and interested, perhaps anyone more local could comment?

if of any interest, i could do a 'reccy' rid to have a better look.

regs
alan

« Last Edit: 15, September, 2010 - 12:18:00 by BooBoo »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: St Osyths - Jaywick Clacton suggested Run idea in 2010
« Reply #1 on: 15, April, 2010 - 17:49:22 »
That sounds like quite a nice ride, especially if it includes a stop for an ice cream on the way  ;D

c515mph

« Reply #2 on: 16, April, 2010 - 01:47:22 »
Sounds good to me,I havent been there since I was a boy.

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 16, April, 2010 - 09:06:29 »
Looking at the calendar, personally  I'm pretty much fully booked until October.

However, you could be the first to take c5alive to the next level by holding a run in your area that doesn't include me  ;) As much as I'd like to attend everything, my shiftwork means it is not always possible - and I'd hate it for that to be a restriction on the number of meetings we hold.

I've always hoped C5alive would get big enough to see lots of different runs and meetings being organised by various members of this forum. It's the future  ;D

Offline techytype

« Reply #4 on: 16, April, 2010 - 09:51:14 »
Hi Karl, a much as we would miss you, i'm sure we all appreciate your time spent on the forum and the C5's behalf, it is a heavy load on your social time.

although we seem to have many interesting display type fixed events listed, it occured we seem a bit short on actual runs like the one i enjoyed so much at Brighton & Hove last year.

those that are on the cards, are well away from the East Anglia based contingent making it more expensive and time consuming to attend.

so just to get the ball rolling, i'm suggesting Sunday September 19th 2010, meet somewhere at St Osyth's or Jaywick, as the parking should be safer an far easier than at Clacton Se Front. Date should not collide with to many holidays, and weather should still be reasonable

(Karl can you edit the threads tittle to show it with a ? mark and add a yes, no, maybe vote please)

discuss!
regs
Alan

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 16, April, 2010 - 10:32:21 »
Looks good to me - depending on the wife (getting better) will try to get to it.

Karl

Re: Sunday September 19th 2010: St Osyths - Jaywick Clacton
« Reply #6 on: 16, April, 2010 - 12:42:36 »
It is on the calendar and the list of events for this year.

http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=719.0

Coastal runs are usually good fun because most of the time the area is lovely and flat with lots of tourists about.

Should be a good run.

Offline techytype

« Reply #7 on: 16, April, 2010 - 16:10:24 »
i've not been there for years, but the route had little stop off cafes and ice cream parlors in various places, so as long as we can follow the sea wall as i did when a mere lad, it should be a brilliant day out.

one memory that will be rekindled if we go, will be my sisters antics, she could yamma to Olympic standards level to get her own way, well she decided she wanted to go on the Arnol Palmer mini golf course that just opened up.

Dad never had much money, so said no and she made everyone's life a misery for hours.

on the way back, and now sick to the back teethe with her constant yammering he gave in, kids being kids i said yes i too wanted a go. so the old man goes to pay and sis grabs club and a ball, and rushed to the 1st 'hole', dad follows up and leans over her shoulder and go's to say "i'll show you how to --------" he was cut short with a sickening 'thflrwack' noise, my sister had excitedly swung the club back full blooded Arnold Palmer style, and smacked him full on the head with the iron club, cutting his eyebrow real bad.

needless to say, we never actually played a single hole or ever went near let alone on another mini golf course  ::).

so anyone fancy a round if it's still there?  safety helmet to be worn at all times ;D.

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 14, September, 2010 - 20:42:24 »
Alan - is this still going ahead ?

Karl

I've had an email from Alan - this run is postponed until further notice.

Most likely to be included in the 2011 schedule  :)

Offline techytype

hi folks,
had probs logging in,

there was very little activity in this thread so i had assumed little interest.

being self employed in the security trade i also can't be relied on to attend as 'lead', as with Brooklands work meant i had to duck out at short notice.

hope nobody was disappointed

Alan