News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Bristol run anyone?  (Read 2790 times)

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Bristol run anyone?
« on: 15, September, 2011 - 13:29:55 »
Anyone interested in a Bristol Run?

I think I might be fairly on my own down this end. However we have some fabulous cycle paths and great pubs etc!

Karl

Re: Bristol run anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 15, September, 2011 - 19:01:17 »
Dan - sounds like a good place to hold a meeting  :)

It might end up on next years list as we're starting to wind down after a busy year , plus I've got to sort the shop side out (stock wise and I.T. as well ).

When planning a meeting try to go for a circular route around 15miles with a pub stop half way. It keeps the logisitcs nice and simple , and avoid hills as much as you can  ;D

Having some new venues will be a good start to next years events.

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
Re: Bristol run anyone?
« Reply #2 on: 15, September, 2011 - 19:37:29 »
Good advice Karl

I went for my longest run yet from Bristol to Warmley and back on the Bristol to Bath cycle track.
http://www.bristolbathrailwaypath.org.uk/library/Railway_Path_Leaflet_Part_2.pdf

It's a nice route, very flat for this region but not circular - I think I could come up with a circular one though. Pity Bristol to Bath is not possible. Thinking about attempting it on my own with a spare battery or girlfriend to pick me up the other end.

I worked out my trip today (including work and back) to be about 12 miles and I only lost one light on the battery indicator. Are these accurate? I think that if it is, I might be able to do Bristol to Saltford and back with a bit of peddling as that's where my parents live. Hope it's sunny this weekend!