News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Write to reply...  (Read 1772 times)

Karl

Write to reply...
« on: 11, June, 2010 - 08:52:39 »
Having read this article by Dave Selby in the Auction section of the June 2 edition of Classic Car Weekly, I feel the need to write a response;

...Dave Selby clearly has never ridden a C5  ::)

Sad that he feels the need to regurgitate tired old myths that weren't even accurate 25years ago.

« Last Edit: 11, June, 2010 - 08:56:34 by BooBoo »

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: Write to reply...
« Reply #1 on: 11, June, 2010 - 09:13:48 »
In actual fact, if one surveys the eBay ads for C5's, they almost all ended up in garden sheds for a minimum of a decade(or two ,in many cases).

Karl

Re: Write to reply...
« Reply #2 on: 11, June, 2010 - 09:35:12 »
This is my response to CCW;

In response to the Dave Selby review of the Robert Ball auction, I find it disappointing that Mr. Selby feels the need to regurgitate inaccurate 25year old myths about the Sinclair C5 .Just how many fatalities involving Sinclair c5’s has he discovered to justify the “utterly lethal” tag ? As for 12v 250watt washing machines, I’ve yet to find any. No mention of the fact that Polymotor also manufactured torpedo motors….but then why let accurate information get in the way of repeating tired old jokes from the 1980’s. Now, if he had said they were utterly useless at going up hills I would accept he had actually ridden one himself .

In the interests of “in depth research” he is more than welcome to try a Sinclair C5 by joining us at one of our “C5alive” meetings or events. He might even enjoy it and maybe come to appreciate that Sir Clive was indeed ahead of his time in creating such a vehicle. Today’s cycle lanes are perfect for the c5 and keep you away from the traffic that seems to terrify journalists.

Best wishes,

If you want to send a few words of your own, reply to;

editorial@classiccarweekly.co.uk