News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08  (Read 38566 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: C5alive exhibiting at Brooklands Museum - 28 Sep '08
« Reply #30 on: 21, September, 2008 - 12:13:26 »
Shame i can't make it . Sounds like it's going to be a great day out.

Been to Brooklands before and seen classic minis do the hill climb.  Not sure a C5 would make it though  :D  ;D :D

Daz

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 21, September, 2008 - 17:28:52 »
Brooklands is a fab place, I'd live there if they let me  8) ;D

As for the hill, I'm not brave enough to give it a go - it just wouldnt be fair inflicting such demands on my flabby unfit body  :o. The C5 would need more help than I could give it  :P

If anyone does manage it on a standard C5 though , I promise a free set of tyres as a reward for outstanding achievement  :D

If more than one person gets up there, then the fastest claims the prize.

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #32 on: 21, September, 2008 - 21:47:00 »
I'll get in training this next week then Karl, as i could do with a spare set of tyres for my supra, as the ones on it will not last for long the way she pulls away from the lights (or did you mean tyres for a c5 you did'nt say)
Sorry Karl, i know want you meant, its just my sence of humor.

Retro Andy.

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #33 on: 21, September, 2008 - 22:02:44 »
free did you say

Karl

« Reply #34 on: 21, September, 2008 - 22:04:24 »
I'll get in training this next week then Karl, as i could do with a spare set of tyres for my supra, as the ones on it will not last for long the way she pulls away from the lights (or did you mean tyres for a c5 you did'nt say)
Sorry Karl, i know want you meant, its just my sence of humor.

Retro Andy.

phew, had me worried there mate -but fair point  ;D :D

The prize is for a set of C5 tyres , you can try and squeeze them onto any other type of vehicle if you want to though... :P ;)

Karl

« Reply #35 on: 21, September, 2008 - 22:06:16 »
free did you say

...yep, but you gotta get your C5 up that hill first though  :-*

By the way, we've got another C5 up and running so your mate wont need to test drive the furry one - unless of course he really wants too  ;D

Offline alan1310

• Battery level: 5
  • i wish i was that man
« Reply #36 on: 21, September, 2008 - 22:21:16 »
he will take any one mate cant wait for my free tyres tho

Karl

« Reply #37 on: 22, September, 2008 - 14:41:25 »
I've met with the organisers today to finalise some details.

All the tickets for those that registered have been handed over to me and I have agreed to have someone assist at the entrance gate to check off the list of names and hand over the free tickets. Please try to arrive at Brooklands between 8am and 9am.

I also have some money off vouchers for friends and family , but due to time running out be quick to let me know if you want one.

We will have access to a power supply for topping up batteries, but please ensure your batteries are fully charged for use on arrival.

There are a few guidelines we have to follow , mostly common sense to ensure no-one gets hurt, but we can run through those on the day.

One important item though - you must wear an approved cycle helmet before the site owners will allow you on the track. This is to satisfy M-B World insurance requirements.   

So please make sure you bring a helmet with you.

There are no restrictions on filming or photography, and we will have access to the skid pan and drag strip. We cannot be on the race track at the same times as the other events (Raleigh Choppers,Penny farthings etc) .

Once the track events finish, we will return to the Brooklads site where we are allowed to ride around the site on a specified route. We will also have a static display to "meet and great" paying guests.

Due to this thread getting as bit lengthy I'll start two new threads , one on the "hill climb" competition and the other on how to get to Brooklands.

Some pictures of where we will be sited ;

We've been allocated the left hand car parking section along the chainlink fence.  It's a good spot, convenient for the main building so access to food,drinks and toilet facilities are all close by.

If there's anything else you need to know or think I've missed out, just give me a call.

Look forward to seeing you there on Sunday  ;D

Karl

« Last Edit: 22, September, 2008 - 15:17:31 by Karl (C5Alive) »

Karl

« Reply #39 on: 26, September, 2008 - 14:18:17 »
***  Another update  ***

Adam Harper has accepted his invitation to join us at this event and has just confirmed he hopes to be there at about lunchtime on Sunday.

He is going to bring along an assortment of genuine Sinclair accessories (mirrors,wet weather gear etc) for sale at the event at a special price of 10% off. So bring along some beer tokens for reduced goodies  ;)

He is willing to bring along some specific parts if required, so let me know and I'll forward him a "wish list".

This event just gets better  ;D 8)

Wizbat

« Reply #40 on: 27, September, 2008 - 12:49:20 »
do you know wether he will have any seat cushions with him?

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #41 on: 27, September, 2008 - 13:09:47 »
Tomorrow just gets better and better, can't wait to get there, i'm gonna treat mine to a pair of mirrors i hope, see you all tomorrow

Retro Andy

Karl

« Reply #42 on: 27, September, 2008 - 20:18:52 »
do you know wether he will have any seat cushions with him?

He will now  ;), I've texted him and he's going to bring one for you.

Karl

« Reply #43 on: 27, September, 2008 - 20:20:54 »
Tomorrow just gets better and better, can't wait to get there, i'm gonna treat mine to a pair of mirrors i hope, see you all tomorrow

Retro Andy

See you there mate

I collected the hire van today. It's all loaded up and ready to go first thing in the morning.

Just a reminder - dont forget your cycling helmet if you want to go on the M-B World test track.

Its their rules.

blabblub

« Reply #44 on: 27, September, 2008 - 21:05:01 »
Hope you all have a great time !!