News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Sense & The City - London Transport Museum  (Read 3803 times)

Karl

Sense & The City - London Transport Museum
« on: 30, July, 2011 - 10:08:21 »
I was invited along to an evening event at The London Transport Museum , set up as a thank-you for all those that contributed to the Sense & The City exhibition;

The museum itself is located in Covent Garden, Central London and has some amazing exhibits on show ;

The Sense and The City exhibition has some more familiar stuff on show, as well as some stuff I hadn't seen before;

This looked like a lot of fun  ;D

...but the real reason for my invite ...

The c5 they have on display is not one of mine but one of those radiomarty discovered. The museum purchased it off Ebay a short while ago and may be selling it off once the exhibition finishes.
I helped out by providing some info and DVD's etc. so we're now on their list of contacts should they want to do any future features about the c5.

It is well worth a visit if you're in the neighbourhood but a word of warning, don't do the stairs at Covent Garden tube station - even if there is a large queue for the lift. Damn near killed me ! 

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: Sense & The City - London Transport Museum
« Reply #1 on: 30, July, 2011 - 10:32:45 »
Looks like a real interesting display of new and old or I mean old and older  :D

Retro Andy.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 30, July, 2011 - 12:55:38 »
That C5 looks like the one that was up for £1400 as a un-used just out of its box on ebay quite some time ago (by the position of the label). I was nearly tempted but had to get common sense and not go for it...

The exabition looks really good, shame its so far away, for a day trip.

Lance

DemoDeanoUK

« Reply #3 on: 30, July, 2011 - 17:54:03 »
Myself and the other half was in London last Sundy, I'm a coach driver and took a load down for the day. We parked on the Covent Garden market's car park and if I'd have known that this was going on I'd have popped in for a nosey - had 7hrs to kill before picking them all back up again!

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 31, July, 2011 - 13:45:04 »
Shame you missed it mate, its quite good  :) Not enough on its own for a full day out though.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 31, July, 2011 - 21:56:46 »
Great pics - i haven't been there since I was about 20 and living in sunny Luton !!! - The C5 comes from a batch a gent that used to sell them thought his shop back in the eighties - He had 3 that he used and abused ! which i purchased from him - he also had 4 boxed ones he stored away for good fortune and decided to sell two of them recently. :)

joggaeco

« Reply #6 on: 21, October, 2011 - 03:32:42 »
The old buses put a smile on my face, I remeber running for them to get school and grabbing that pole... :)