News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 32762 times)

Karl

Re: Make yourself known
« Reply #60 on: 10, October, 2008 - 14:06:29 »
Yo Toffeeboy
Is that a lottery winners chq you are holding in your photo , my new best friend  ;D

..he might be replying on your other forum  :o

Is this a problem, being members of both?

of course not, variety is the spice of life  ;)

design student

« Reply #61 on: 19, October, 2008 - 15:44:09 »
Hey guys, i am Hywel from South Wales, a 20 year old product design student (as you probably guessed from the username!). My brother's partner brought down her c5 yesterday, and i am looking to do it up and restore it to its former glory! It has never been used, but has been stored badly and so has a lot of cleaning to be done, the battery is shot and the hand grips have been gnawed through...
Any advice? Despite my searching of t'internet i cannot find where to get replacement grips or the price of them, and am having trouble cleaning the beauty down, what would you expert recomend?
Just took it out for a pedal run though... goes like a dream...

H

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #62 on: 19, October, 2008 - 18:41:48 »
perhaps you should look here for the quick bits you want, maybe ebay you cannot find other bits for, its part of the fun of getting a C5 working,beyond that i cannot give you anymore advice

Karl

« Reply #63 on: 19, October, 2008 - 20:56:26 »
where to get replacement grips or the price of them, and am having trouble cleaning the beauty down, what would you expert recomend?
Just took it out for a pedal run though... goes like a dream...

H

Hiya mate and a warm welcome to the forum

Email me an address and I'll get some handgrips on their way to you - I've got a box full of them. As for cost, the first round is on you when you attend your first meeting  ;D

As for cleaning , personally I use Cif bathroom cleaner and a 4" paintbrush with the bristles cut down to make it nice and stiff...gets the Cif into the grainy finish without causing any damage  ;).

Scuffs and scrapes can be reduced by careful use of a sharp blade and/or wet'n'dry sandpaper.

The emphasis here is on "careful"  8)   

Greshmeister

« Reply #64 on: 02, November, 2008 - 07:58:06 »
Hi everyone

I'm Dave and I'm here on behalf of my uncle! He's inherited a C5 from his brother. It seems to be ok but we thought I'd join the group to get some info about what to do with it, uncle might even keep it as he wasn't left much else!

Basically before we decide what to do what should we look for? What might go wrong with it, if it hasn't already? You'll know the type of things we need to look out for.

Thanks

Dave

Offline motormadmick

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #65 on: 04, November, 2008 - 00:55:01 »
 ???

Karl

« Reply #66 on: 04, November, 2008 - 16:20:09 »
Welcome to the forum Dave, sorry for the delay in responding but you've caught us at a busy time - Martin just moved house and I've had some IT gremlins  >:( Service pack 3 and Virgin upgrades equals a very frustrating time  :-[

Take a look around the forum and feel free to ask about anything you're unsure of.

You're always welcome to pop along and try out our loan C5 (aka Dave  ;D) to get a feel for the beasties.

As for your own C5 I'd recommend sorting the basics first ; connect a 12v car battery and see if it runs. Let us know how you get on and we can take it from there.

TOM-1

« Reply #67 on: 20, November, 2008 - 20:28:30 »
hi every one im tom joined c5alive 20/11/08 1 day after buying a c5 from karl at c5 im from tipton about 7 miles from birmingham hope to have fun with my c5 and see how i get on

taffypride

« Reply #68 on: 20, November, 2008 - 20:36:29 »
Hey guys and gals.

I'm Steve, currently living in Wells, Somerset - but hail from Cardiff originally.

Considering replacing my 21-speed Saracen Ikon Full Suspension mountain bike for a Sinclair C5 - with a few mods.

Would you believe the C5 is actually only just younger than me by literally a matter of 2 and a little bit months??  I gotta get me one of these babies.

Karl

« Reply #69 on: 20, November, 2008 - 23:13:03 »
A warm welcome guys , hopefully we'll all get a chance to meet up at one of the meetings in the New Year  8)

big b

« Reply #70 on: 06, December, 2008 - 11:58:29 »
:D
hi names Bert live Huddersfield age brain 25 body 60+ got my first
c5 6 wks ago in process of putting my mark on it up and running needs a little more time to finish

Karl

« Reply #71 on: 06, December, 2008 - 14:52:26 »
Hi Bert , nice to meet ya  8)

If you need any help with your C5 you know where we are  ;)

Dont forget to post some piccies of your C5 in the gallery section - I'm quite a fan of modified C5's  ;D, whereas I think Martin is more the traditionalist :D

big b

« Reply #72 on: 10, December, 2008 - 18:54:36 »
HI Karl pictures to follow late Jan little thing called
Christmas means her who as to be obeyed needs some sunshine 8)
 Then back to enjoying myself in garage for rest of winter 

mikymoke

« Reply #73 on: 08, March, 2009 - 13:30:14 »
:D
Hi all Iam Mike & live in west Lancs & wouldlike to know if there is anybody else in this area thanks & all the best

Karl

« Reply #74 on: 08, March, 2009 - 18:11:57 »
welcome to the forum mate  :)

not sure who is most local to you  :-\