News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: Santa Pod A.E.R Monday 6th May 2013  (Read 5699 times)

Karl

Santa Pod A.E.R Monday 6th May 2013
« on: 22, January, 2013 - 14:29:43 »
It's back !  8)

The Alternative Energy Racing event is again being held at Santa Pod .

Check this link for the 2012 report;
http://www.aeracing.org/2012report.php

We've had a lot of fun at this event over the years but sadly it looks like we're being left behind (quite lterally) now as the website says "This year all vehicles taking part must be capable of 50mph which leaves all but the c5000 excluded  :'(

I'll email the organisers to see if there's any alternative event we can participate in , otherwise if we go it will probably be a static display as per the car shows etc we attend. You can at least ride your c5 around the venue which is still worthwhile and the AER itself is worth going to see - especially the jet car at the close of play.

Some more info from the AER website;

Tickets and Entry

Entry is free for any registered exhibitors, racers and their crews, and is valid for the whole weekend with camping included. Not on the entry list? Then you are not a registered entrant.

General admission tickets for spectators are available for £20 on the gate on the day, or £13 in advance. Because this event over-laps with the XFest event, please see the MONDAY TICKET price at www.xfest.co.uk.

Weekend tickets are also available if you wish to stay on site and camp on Sunday night.

Gates are open from 8am Monday. Children under 5 are free if accompanied with a paying adult (max. 3 children per adult).
« Last Edit: 22, January, 2013 - 14:33:10 by BooBoo »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Re: Santa Pod A.E.R Monday 6th May 2013
« Reply #1 on: 22, January, 2013 - 18:14:08 »
Might be able to make this one, as it's the bank holiday ( although that probably means it'll be raining  ;D )

Was great fun having a go around that sprint track last year ... maybe they saw how competitive us C5 drivers are and got scared to run it again  ;D

Daz

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 22, January, 2013 - 21:13:35 »
I really enjoy this event and although it's a shame we can't get on the main strip as we did on the first event it's still a great event to attend and also mix with like minded people and there fascinating machines - will do my best to get to this one. Marty  :)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #3 on: 23, January, 2013 - 06:56:51 »
Never been there  :(

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #4 on: 23, January, 2013 - 07:37:03 »
Where is it  :-\

Offline minidaz

« Reply #7 on: 23, January, 2013 - 17:48:49 »
They've changed it now ( well did a few years ago ) so you can't stand behind the cars ( looking straight down the strip ), which is a shame, as it was a great view, but not so good if you're there when Fireforce goes  :o

Very quick, and very noisy. The commentators ( in the bit above the track ) have to hold the windows in to stop them blowing out  ;D

And as others have said, always worth seeing again and again and again  :)

Not many race tracks where you can happily wander around the pits, chatting to the drivers / mechanics etc, for no extra charge.

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #8 on: 23, January, 2013 - 17:53:25 »
This probably is not the place to mention it but will the Crawly run be on this year

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #9 on: 23, January, 2013 - 17:54:40 »
On the YouTube clips it looks like a lot of fun

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 28, January, 2013 - 14:01:49 »
I've had a bit of a "senior" moment and double booked this date, so sadly I wont be able to attend myself  :-[

Not my finest moment in organising this years events , but hopefully it wont put off a few others from here going along as it really is a good day out.

I'm still waiting on a reply from the BVS and the organisers regarding allowing c5's to register.

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 14, February, 2013 - 16:26:31 »
Neither myself nor the BVS have received any reply to our queries regarding this years Santa Pod AER so at this stage not much else to report.   :-\.

As mentioned earlier , I cannot attend the AER this year but will leave the event listed on our forum in case anyone else wants to go along. There is still loads of interesting stuff scheduled to take place at the event so it should still be worth a visit.

Offline minidaz

« Reply #12 on: 12, March, 2013 - 22:16:40 »
Just received this email from Alex at Santa Pod to do with the AER :

Dear Alternative Energy Racer,
It’s that time of year again A.E.R 2013 is nearly upon us. After a great event last time this year is looking no different, it’s going to be the best ever! With the Alternative Energy event moving into its 5th year now becoming popular event that grows every time. This is the only Alternative Energy Drag Racing event in the country; with free entry there is no better opportunity to test your vehicle to the max in a safe and legal environment.
If you haven’t entered yet there is no need to worry the entry forms are still available online at www.aeracing.org/entry2012.php.  We just need the following details:
•    Team/Company name
•   Vehicle details (E.g. 2003 Volkswagen Golf TDI using 100% pure vegetable oil as fuel with minor fuelling modifications)
•   Team/Company website
•   Contact name, email address and phone number
•   An image of vehicle to be used
•   Team/Company logo
•   Paddock/Trade space required
•   Any other additional requirements, notes or questions

The alternative Energy Racing is run alongside a public Run What Ya Brung (RWYB) a great opportunity to show those Gas Guzzlers the future and what Alternative Energy can do.
The racing on the day takes the form of Drag Racing: whoever can clock the quickest time over a quarter mile from a standing start is declared the winner.  There will be two titles contested for 2013, Fastest Zero Emission Vehicles and Fastest Alternative Fuel Vehicle.
I look forward to seeing you at Alternative Energy Racing 2013 for another year of green racing.
If you have any queries please feel free to email me at alex@santapod.com.

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 13, March, 2013 - 07:58:46 »
I've just received got a copy of that AER newsletter aswell.

If anyone does want to go along with their c5's I'm happy for you to enter as TeamC5alive , but as mentioned previously I cannot make it this year due to other commitments.