News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Beaulieu Simply Classics - 25th August 2013  (Read 12761 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
Beaulieu Simply Classics - 25th August 2013
« on: 11, February, 2013 - 13:43:30 »
Found a great event for anyone who fancies a really great day out  8) Needless to say, we're going!

Beaulieu Simply Classics show is open to anyone with a pre-1988 vehicle. I've called them, C5's are welcome to it with a couple of little stipulations that I'm going to run through now...

The Rules

1 - Modern cars aren't allowed on site. All vehicles must be ride in/drive in... what this means is that if (like us) you're trailering a C5 there, you need to park in the car park and then... well... ride in  ::)

2 - Entrance fee £10. Most shows are free entry for exhibitors, here you need to pay £10. It can either be by phone... 01590 612345... online at http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-events/club-rally/simply-classics or pay on the day with a £1 surcharge. I will say that if you HAVEN'T been to Beaulieu, this is actually a really good offer because it's in effect half price admission to the whole complex!

3 - Arrive between 9.30am and 10am. Their restaurant is open early to serve tea and bacon sandwiches!

A couple of other things...

Club stands are welcome, not sure if Karl's up for doing a C5alive stand, but this is a BIG event.

There's no designated areas. It's simply first come first served on where your place will be. This is important because if anyone else DOES want to come and join us, if we want to keep the C5's together it means meeting up in the car park and entering the gates at the same time!

Now... lastly, if you haven't been to Beaulieu, believe me when I say 2013's the year to go! They have an absolutely incredible Bond exhibition on with all of the Bond cars you can imagine. The original DB5's from Thunderball and Goldeneye, DBS's from all the Daniel Craig films, as well as the roofless Renault 11, 2CV, underwater Lotus, BMW's, you really can't believe it... they even have Goldfinger's Rolls! It's a unique exhibition that WILL end at the end of 2013 never to be seen together again!

Top Gear exhibition with loads of things they've built on the program including the stretch limo Panda and MGF and boat Herald...

TV cars including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Mr Beans mini (original!!!), Del Boy's Reliant (original!), and the Harry Potter Anglia.

Throw that in with the car museum, abbey, palace house AND the classics show and for £10 it'll be an amazing day out  ;)

Like I said, we're definately going to this one... 25th August... let me know if you want to do it any time before then and we'll arrange a car park meet up to get a C5 display going  ;D
« Last Edit: 12, February, 2013 - 12:07:39 by BooBoo »

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
Re: Beaulieu Simply Classics - 25th August 2013
« Reply #1 on: 11, February, 2013 - 16:41:32 »
Sounds cool

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #2 on: 11, February, 2013 - 18:54:29 »
I have put this in the diary and hope to bring at least 1 C5 or Maybe two .......

Would be great to have a C5 ALive display there ..

John

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
« Reply #3 on: 11, February, 2013 - 19:33:49 »
Why is everything so far away?  :( I would have liked to go to Beaulieu at some point, possibly even in the Jag this year, but it would be a 400 mile (8 hour) round trip.  :o

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #4 on: 11, February, 2013 - 20:30:58 »
I have put this in the diary and hope to bring at least 1 C5 or Maybe two .......

Would be great to have a C5 ALive display there ..

John

Nearer the time we'll try and arrange a meeting place before the show as it would be good to try and keep the C5's together. I've just been reading that club stands are welcome, but need to be prebooked unlike individual participants by calling the number above. We'll definately bring our two, maybe three by then, so it could end up being quite a nice club turnout if Karl's free  ???

Incidentally, quick update for the ticket prices... Adult entry £10, child entry £5 for exhibitors and family. We went there yesterday for a day out and it cost us double that so it really is a substantial saving for people who haven't been to Beaulieu or resent the usual prices.

There's also something that made me smile too... a concours event that show participants are welcome to enter... oh it is SO tempting to stick a C5 into that to see what the judges make of it  ::) Let's face it, to get top marks it would have to have original wiring, original key, original tyres... very few can claim that! One of mine has Sinclair tyres, but converted for car batteries. There's also a trophy for the vehicle the public would most like to take home too, and THAT'S the award I'm aiming for  8)

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 12, February, 2013 - 12:09:37 »
This does sound like a terrific event...and yes , I'm free ! (sounds like a certain 1970's sit-com character  :-X)

I've added this to the events calendar etc.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #6 on: 12, February, 2013 - 12:34:57 »
Fantastic news :-) The number in the original message is the one to contact, it's the Beaulieu events team. I have no clue what's involved in registering a club to attend but I think we could have a good turnout! Plus it's something for all the family there too, so no 'bored wife' excuses lol!

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 23, February, 2013 - 11:30:11 »
I've emailed the events team at Bealieu and await their reply regarding allocating us a club stand, fingers crossed  ;)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #8 on: 23, February, 2013 - 13:03:31 »
Let us know what they say, we'll definitely bring our pair down to it! In terms of publicity it's a fantastic show due to the sheer quantity of public that attend, but it's a great day out too!

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 26, February, 2013 - 10:37:37 »
Looks like we're on for this event , judging by the reply I've received from the Beaulieu events team ;

We would love to designate you a club area for the event (consider it done),

More details to follow nearer the time.

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #10 on: 26, February, 2013 - 16:14:46 »
That's excellent, now we just need to see how many we can get down there!

Offline pso-buzz

• Battery level: 4
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #11 on: 26, February, 2013 - 16:32:41 »
I would love to go but it's just too far and I can't get my C5 in the car!

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #12 on: 26, February, 2013 - 21:34:00 »
I am up for this, will try and get two there ......  8)

Offline danny7147

• Bikes To The Future
« Reply #13 on: 26, February, 2013 - 22:30:07 »
Great start :)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #14 on: 03, July, 2013 - 08:40:10 »
Any more news on this  ?  :)