News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: C5 Meeting in Derby  (Read 6750 times)

Leeb7613

C5 Meeting in Derby
« on: 23, May, 2008 - 13:10:56 »
Hello All,

I was thinking of putting on a C5 run in Derby sometime in August, there is a great cycle trail called the Cloud Trail which runs from Leicestershire into Derbyshire and finally finishing in good old Derby. The run is pan flat and only crosses a couple of A/B roads, the total distance is 13miles one way, easily done on a good battery (with some pedal assist!!), 26 miles in total round trip.
This may be a bit optimistic (26 miles), so if we came on the trail half way and went into Derby and back, the total would only be 12mile approx.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will get more info, all these meetings down south, my accent is beginning to change :)

Cheers..Lee,Lee

Karl

Re: C5 Meeting in Derby
« Reply #1 on: 23, May, 2008 - 19:12:37 »
Sounds cool, I'll put my name down for that one  :-*

blabblub

« Reply #2 on: 23, May, 2008 - 19:26:00 »
Sounds good pending job/lottery win , I will endeavour to be there  :)

Regards

A slightly drunk Blabblububububububub  ;D ;D

Mole

« Reply #3 on: 23, May, 2008 - 20:06:02 »
Depending on the date, im in.

Leeb7613

« Reply #4 on: 23, May, 2008 - 21:23:30 »
Sounds cool, I'll put my name down for that one  :-*

Cheers Mole, I'll get back to you with a date etc, should be a good un if the weather is kind to us!!!!

Cheers..Lee

Leeb7613

« Reply #5 on: 23, May, 2008 - 21:25:53 »
Sounds good pending job/lottery win , I will endeavour to be there  :)

Regards

A slightly drunk Blabblububububububub  ;D ;D

You drunk???
who would have thought that!!!!!
Cheers matey, see you there
Lee,Lee

Leeb7613

« Reply #6 on: 02, June, 2008 - 20:56:20 »
Hello Everyone,

Well I have changed my mind with the location/route of the run, the one I was thinking of is tricky to say the least!!!!!

New route I was thinking of is 7.5 miles long (round trip)and very flat!! it goes on some A&B roads, but these are not busy and it goes through some brilliant Derbyshire countryside, few pubs/cafes on route and a great lake to stop and have a cuppa by (I'll provide the flasks etc).
Come on you lot get your fingers out, Derby is central to most parts of the counrty, so who's interested???  The more the merrier and a BBQ at my house is thrown in for free!!!!

If some of you are thinking this is a bit too short, I can change the route a bit and make it 10/11 miles round trip!!

Cheers..Lee

blabblub

« Reply #7 on: 02, June, 2008 - 21:54:33 »
Depending on the date ( Hols etc) I'm up for it .

Who knows it could even be the world premier of Stealth , I have just tested the strobe lights in the dark , quite a light show , should manage to attract a bit of attention from Mr Policeman Badger. ;D ;D ;D

Derby here we come

PS Anywhere to pitch me tent ?

Blabblub

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 02, June, 2008 - 22:26:08 »
now that my new job is settling down, I should be able to make this Derby run.

Let me know the dates as soon as you can , coz if I need to book a weekend off work then I have to give 3 weeks notice.. :o

blabblub

« Reply #9 on: 05, July, 2008 - 10:39:41 »
Yo Bully !!

Any news on the date yet !!!