News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 3704 times)

Offline rs20004wd

• Battery level: 2
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
Hello to everyone
« on: 31, March, 2012 - 22:00:57 »
Hello all, at the beginning of this month (03/12) I bought the "chrisbaildon" Sinclair C5 12 volt - 24 volt Adam Harper Conversion for sale from EBay. It all came about last year when I set myself the question of "What is the cheapest form of transport to commute with?". Whilst my very first thought was the Sinclair C5, I initially bought a 1974 Bond Bug! After running it for four months, I soon discovered that it actually took longer to commute, due to the unique 'headturning' qualities and constant 'third party' interest of such an iconic vehicle.
 As the 'Bug' came and went, I reflected back on the C5 idea---earlier this month it all came to fruition. I kept a close eye on Chris's C5 with quite a lot of extras. After raiding all the household piggy banks, I hit the Ebay bidding system with everything I financially had and became it's new owner. I went to pick it up on the Saturday, 'crowbarred' it into the car and drove it 100 miles back home. After spending a few days checking and trialling this amazing machine, I finally set of in the early hours to work under the cover of darkness, first of all pedalling covertly past the neighbours, getting to the end of the road then switching to 12v, leaving a trail of blue strobe behind me, then not long after hitting the nearest cycleroute with everything it had. 24 volts produced a short burst of "turbo" power, in fact enough to pull away from all cyclists who were wondering what the hell had hit them all.
This was it, I had arrived into the public arena on one of the most underrated "dual fuel" trikes ever invented!!! I had given some of my colleagues a guessing game for a few days of what was to come and subsequently at home time, twenty plus were there to see me off. Fantastic. The interest this C5 has created has been quite something. The question now is, "Are you on the C5 today?"

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: 01, April, 2012 - 07:27:27 »
Hi and welcome - we have been wondering who brought that vehicle - great that you have found your way here and that you are having so much fun with it - hope to see you on a run soon  :) :) :)

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
Re: Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #2 on: 01, April, 2012 - 10:24:11 »
Hi,

Good luck with the C5, and welcome to the forum.

Lance

Offline kamilb1998

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 7
    • Project XJ40
Re: Hello to everyone
« Reply #3 on: 01, April, 2012 - 13:56:31 »
Welcome to the forum! Great to hear it went to a good home. :D

c5boy90

« Reply #4 on: 01, April, 2012 - 15:49:40 »
Hi welcome to the forum I was also bidding on this  c5 but it went a bit above my celling price but if I had more money I would have loved to have bought it. Good to see that it went to a good home I hope you enjoy it.

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 02, April, 2012 - 13:07:40 »
welcome to c5alive mate  8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #6 on: 03, April, 2012 - 15:01:58 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy your C5

Retro Andy.