News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: New Year clearout  (Read 4042 times)

Karl

New Year clearout
« on: 02, January, 2013 - 18:44:12 »
Looking through the membership database for c5alive there are quite a few accounts not used for over 600 days  :o so I think it may be time to "push the button" and nuke the inactive profiles and keep things manageable   8).

So this is a fair warning to "use it or lose it" , I'll be pushing the button in about a week or so  :P

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
Re: New Year clearout
« Reply #1 on: 02, January, 2013 - 18:49:39 »
Looking through the membership database for c5alive there are quite a few accounts not used for over 600 days  :o so I think it may be time to "push the button" and nuke the inactive profiles and keep things manageable   8).

So this is a fair warning to "use it or lose it" , I'll be pushing the button in about a week or so  :P

That's murder  to peoples profiles, LOL ;D ;D ;D

You mite as well if no one is using them

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 23, January, 2013 - 10:31:04 »
I've done a bit of forum membership weeding so the database gets an easier life. Apologies in advance to anyone who has been toasted in error . It's not an exact science  :-X

I'll have a go at weeding some of the older topics next which is a time consuming task with its own difficulties . The trick is to avoid deleting stuff we might want to refer to later on , Lukes idea of weeding out all the sold and completed adverts in the Marketplace section makes sense  :)

Offline Dave.76

• Battery level: 3
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #3 on: 23, January, 2013 - 22:05:30 »
Phew i'm still here and haven't been pruned  ;D

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #4 on: 24, January, 2013 - 06:47:13 »
I've done a bit of forum membership weeding so the database gets an easier life. Apologies in advance to anyone who has been toasted in error . It's not an exact science  :-X

I'll have a go at weeding some of the older topics next which is a time consuming task with its own difficulties . The trick is to avoid deleting stuff we might want to refer to later on , Lukes idea of weeding out all the sold and completed adverts in the Marketplace section makes sense  :)

You might as well get rid of some of the old adverts on the Wanted sinclair c5's parts & accessories

Karl

« Reply #5 on: 24, January, 2013 - 11:15:44 »
I've checked the main website and our disk space usage is looking quite healthy so no immediate rush  ;)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #6 on: 24, January, 2013 - 15:54:09 »
I've checked the main website and our disk space usage is looking quite healthy so no immediate rush  ;)

that's good ;) ;)

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #7 on: 28, January, 2013 - 06:53:18 »

Have they gone