News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: MG Mini  (Read 3011 times)

Offline danny7147

• Battery level: 10
  • If at first you don't succeed... pay someone else.
    • Bikes To The Future
MG Mini
« on: 17, June, 2013 - 20:52:12 »
Okay guys, I can honestly say I've never been a fan of the MGF... I drove one once and found it far too plasticky (if that's a word!)... BUT... one of my favourite cars is an MG  ;)

What's your thoughts on this one?

Okay, that's a little unfair as it never made it into production and this is the only prototype! It's official name was AD034 and was an MG prototype made in 1966 based on Mini subframes. I've always thought it was one of the prettiest cars that Austin/MG/Morris... ever churned out and they never even made it!!!  :'(

Want to read more? Here's a couple of links...
http://www.minimarcos.org.uk/altpics/ado34.html
http://www.aronline.co.uk/blogs/concepts/concepts-and-prototypes/sports-car-projects-ado34-35-and-36/

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
Re: MG Mini
« Reply #1 on: 18, June, 2013 - 12:27:53 »
Scaled down Peugeot 204 Cabriolet styling- unsurprising as both were coutesy of Pinifarina.

Offline peckishere

• Battery level: 3
    • peckishere's Twitter
« Reply #2 on: 18, June, 2013 - 16:16:10 »
Okay guys, I can honestly say I've never been a fan of the MGF... I drove one once and found it far too plasticky (if that's a word!)...

Don't ever get in a SMART roadster or a ForTwo (pre 2007 ForTwo). They are THE definition of plasticky!

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #3 on: 19, June, 2013 - 15:35:43 »
Yes they have sheet moulded composite interchangeable panels but they have the Tridium frame to protect you in an accident. Series 1 and series 2 Espace were SMC panelled on a galvanized steel monocoque. A Fiesta wrote itself off on the side of my Espace. I drove my car to the bodyshop.