News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: The first c5alive meeting abroad - The Netherlands 8th/9th/10th July 2011  (Read 39374 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
And the same question from me  :D
A C5 with cruise control  :o ;D

Daz

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Hi Mike DX and Minidaz,

Our forum member Quasimodo  8) is working as a scoot-mobile designer.
He took a 750 watt scoot-mobile engine, 2011 electronics and fitted this in a Sinclair C5. If you look at his introductionpage here at the forum, you can see the creation taking place.
It is a Sinclair that, if you open the throttle, spins on both back wheels. Lookes like he could do a wheely if he wanted.  :o :o. It lost its pedals, but can drive backwards just as easy. Has both handgas as well as a footpedal throttle, Cruise control, etc. and if I remember right it works on 48 volts.
We like to refer to it as the Sinclair C5 2.0(beta)!
We (Wuppert, Quasimodo and me) would like to spent some time together to build a new C5 that keeps the good old stuff and has the 2011 state of the art technique 8) This century seems ready for a C5 successor.
That was just one off the amazing things I have seen this weekend. Much more to follow. ;D

greetz

Frank
« Last Edit: 12, July, 2011 - 15:30:12 by frankev »

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Cool, will have to have a read through the gallery post  :)

« Last Edit: 12, July, 2011 - 15:46:07 by minidaz »

Karl

Cool, will have to have a read through the gallery post  :)

It is an excellent conversion that looks even better "in the flesh"  8)
here's a link to his blog covering the build ;
http://www.sinclairc5.nl/

and to the relevant c5alive forum topic;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1619.0

..having reverse is really useful as well as being a cool party trick  ;D
« Last Edit: 12, July, 2011 - 18:08:04 by BooBoo »

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Well.

That is just purely loveliness.

I want one. Put my name down for a conversion kit.

8)

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Looked a fantastic weekend event, really good to see all the pictures, like the line up of 2CV's and what a collection of C5's, really wish I could have gone, maybe next time ?

Retro Andy.   

Offline frankev

Yes Andy, we can say that it was a great weekend. And you are more then welcome next year where I planned to do the 8 castle route and the ijsselvalley run.
Sorry Mike. The Sinclair version 2.0 is still a idea only. So Mike, be patient. We will keep the forum up to date concerning our C5upgrade. Your interest in this prototype is noted so we will keep you informed if we succeed.

greetz

Frank

Offline BrooklandsC5

• Battery level: 2
Just a quick note to Frank and Karl for making this a truly memorable weekend. Those who couldn't make it missed something really special. We have some video footage which we'll post when we've edited it. Thanks again for everything, let's hope we can do it again next year. See you all at Brooklands in September. Tony&Max

Offline frankev

Look what I found on youtube. :D
From Max 75001. Great effort Max and Tony. Beautiful made pictures, I did see one picture that was not shot in Zutphen, ???  but in general, a mighty nice impression of the weekend.
Nicely done. I didn't even know there was a song about the C5 as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBwcEPLFU9U

greetz

Frank
« Last Edit: 14, July, 2011 - 12:44:52 by frankev »

Offline BrooklandsC5

• Battery level: 2
Hi Frank

I was just about to put a link to this. Max put it together yesterday. I think he found the song on itunes. The mystery picture is Brugge where we stopped for lunch on the way home.

Tony

Offline quasimodo

I also had a great time. Never seen so many C5's on the road and I'm sure the inhabitants of Zutphen really had a shock. All the different models proved the c5 is still very much alive.

Good thing we have such a well organiser in our club ! ;D
Thanx Frank and thanx everybody for the pictures and movies. Looks great !

Also love the 750 Watt machine !!!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ::) ::)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
Brilliant mate !   8)

April

Hi to: Frank, Karl, Angie, Mr. Steve, Scott, Max, Andy and the rest of UK, De, Denmark and NL C5 lovers Im sorry unable to memorize all the names and of course from the rest who was able to attend the 1st International Sinclaire C5  meeting. Thank you everyone for the great event. Though I and Thom was one day late. We were so happy to find you guys. It was really a great and special experience for me. Though my Sinclaire had a bit drama until now were trying to fix it again.

To Angie and Karl thank you for letting me drive one of the best C5 you have I hope I didn´t destroy it that much I´m sorry  :( . And to Frank thanks a lot for organizing it. Geweldig! Well done ;)....and thank you for borrowing both me and Thom your C5´s on our last tour. We are looking forward for the next International C5 event.

Greetings to everyone,

April

Karl

Hi April, it was lovely to meet you and Thom and quite amazing you managed to find us parked by the canal, but so glad you did 8) The whole weekend was very special and one of the things that made it so memorable was seeing everyone meeting up for the first time but getting along just like old friends - hopefully we'll all get together again at the next one  :)

My c5's are all back home and sorted so no worries there, hopefully yours is also back together as well - if not, you know where to come for any help you might need.

If you've any pictures from the event please feel free to add them here , it will be nice to look back later in the year and reflect on how much fun we had.   

April

Hi Karl yes you are right it was really amazing, we all came from different countries of the world but everybody were so open like old friends and transparent to each other especially with the newest hightech gadgets to develop more capacity of our beloved C5. It was really great. Hope there's more to come.

With regards pictures sure I will upload them today.

Extend my greetings to Angie and the rest of UK C5 family.

April