News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Looking for a C5  (Read 2258 times)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
Looking for a C5
« on: 14, April, 2009 - 18:00:02 »
Hi All.

I'm Mike, from Bedfordshire. I've been looking for a project for a while and decided the C5 is perfect for me. I'm lucky enough to have a garage to work in too!

Is there anybody else in the bedford area with a C5? I've not seen any about around here.

Been reading the buying hints and had a good look around the forum, lots of great information to be had, and was impressed by the meets. Reminds me a lot of my days in the delorean owners club (sadly I never owned one though) although a C5 is slightly more in my price range at the moment!

So, with any luck I will be a happy owner soon, I've got my eye on a couple for sale. Maybe I'll see some of you at a meet in the near future!

Karl

Re: Looking for a C5
« Reply #1 on: 14, April, 2009 - 20:07:34 »
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum mate.

I met up with some of the Delorean guys at the recent film shoot with Chris Barrie ;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

...thought my piccie of the Delorean was quite good  8)

The C5's seem to be creeping up in value again (values are always a bit of a roller-coaster) so fewer bargains to be had. But they are still a very cheap hobby in comparison to 'bikes and cars  ;D

Fingers crossed you bag a good one and join us on the meetings; as you can see from the piccies in the meetings section - whether it's rain or shine we always turn up and have an awesome time  :D

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #2 on: 14, April, 2009 - 22:11:39 »
Thanks for the warm welcome!

The Delorean / Chris Barrie shoot looked very cool, however I must be a little out of the loop as I didnt recognise either of those D's (and I used to know quite a few!)

As I want the C5 for myself and not to sell-on, the price doesnt bother me that much, as long as I can get something fixable, assuming I dont have to keep throwing good money at it! There's a couple on ebay at the moment but I'm a little undecided.

Do you know if any of the current members are local to bedford? Is there a user map? If not, I could help you set one up!

Even if i dont get a C5 running in the next few months, I wil try and make it to one of the events! Maybe that place with the concorde? That looked very cool!

Now to find a kind C5 owner to let me try and fit it in my car :) :) Nothing worse than going to collect something to find it doesnt fit!

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 14, April, 2009 - 22:54:36 »

Do you know if any of the current members are local to bedford? Is there a user map? If not, I could help you set one up!

We don't have a user map, not really something I've considered. We all seem to gradually end up knowing where each other lives

Even if i dont get a C5 running in the next few months, I wil try and make it to one of the events! Maybe that place with the concorde? That looked very cool!

Brooklands is an exceptional place, we've got a couple more events lined up there. Even if you don't own a c5, you're always welcome to pop down and say hello

Now to find a kind C5 owner to let me try and fit it in my car :) :) Nothing worse than going to collect something to find it doesnt fit!

I've got a couple of C5's down here you could try. You could even try out my mini-el for a laugh...

Offline MikeDX

« Reply #4 on: 14, April, 2009 - 23:02:27 »
I think I would like to bring the family along to the next brooklands meet if possible.

Thanks for the kind offer to come and see yours.. I will certainly take you up on that (if my ebay fingers dont get the better of me first!)