News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: Just saying hello.  (Read 2874 times)

laldog

Just saying hello.
« on: 18, May, 2011 - 21:40:20 »
Hi all,just purchased 2 C5's after doing a lot of reading on this site over the last month or so. I am impressed at the dedication you guys n gals put into this site.
I am a mechanic by trade and hit the big 4-0 this weekend and since bombing around Blackpool when i was 14 on a C5 i have hankered after owning one so here i am the proud owner of 2 incomplete machines that require a lot of work.
I was grinning like the proverbial when they were delivered and had a pedal around even before the second one was off the van,great stuff.
I hope to add as much as i can and hope i am not seen as a "taker" so if there is anything car related i can help you out with please give me a shout.
Thanks for listening,Paul, aka Laldog.
www.paulrobbiemotors.co.uk

ScubaChris

Re: Just saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: 18, May, 2011 - 22:16:40 »
Hi Paul,
Welcome to the forum  ;D
I was also a total newbie when I bought my first C5 at the end of March but in 2 short months, thanks to a lot of help and advice off this site, I've completely stripped, rebuilt and enjoyed my C5. Now I'm familiar with it, there's no job too awkward to tackle. It really is a simple and enjoyable machine to work on.

C.

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #2 on: 18, May, 2011 - 22:39:31 »
Hi & welcome to the forum. Many of us have joined the forum to help restore our C5's and the bug will bit, I know as now I am restoring No.3. all within 6 months & yes I also hit 40 and bought a bit of the past. If you need help just ask, we are here to help.

good luck with your restorations

Lance
« Last Edit: 18, May, 2011 - 22:44:32 by Lancealot »

laldog

« Reply #3 on: 18, May, 2011 - 22:44:26 »
Thanks guys,i forgot to say i am located in Sunny Hexham in Northumberland.

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #4 on: 18, May, 2011 - 23:12:25 »
Welcome to the forum....

HOPE TO SEE YOU ON ONE OF OUR RUNS   ;D

As said before if you need any help, just ask. All very friendly on here and always glad to help anyone getting started in the World of C5 !!!   8)

John - PLOD11

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 19, May, 2011 - 08:43:21 »
Hi there and welcome - great to have a mechanic on board !! - as they guy's say any probs just ask  - enjoy  :) :)
« Last Edit: 19, May, 2011 - 08:49:06 by radiomarty »

Karl

« Reply #6 on: 19, May, 2011 - 18:45:59 »
Welcome to the forum mate , don't forget to take a quick browse through the forum guide - full of useful links to help you find the info you might need. If do you have any snags help isn't far away  8)

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the site , its always nice to hear that c5alive is doing well   :)   

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #7 on: 20, May, 2011 - 06:11:39 »
Hello and welcome to the forum, glad another two C5's will be saved.

Retro Andy.

Offline frankev

• Battery level: 0
  • One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
« Reply #8 on: 14, June, 2011 - 11:22:30 »
Hi Laldog,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to ask whatever info you need, but beware, half a year ago I was a complete newbie and now everybody asks me how to fix things on the Sinclair. So, me being a taker, became a giver very rapidly, as we say, in the land of the blind, one-eye is king. ;)

greetz

Frank