News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Odometer / Speedo ??  (Read 2378 times)

TOFFEEBOY

Odometer / Speedo ??
« on: 29, July, 2010 - 17:34:19 »
Just wondered if anyone has ever tried to fit an odometer to measure distance travelled. I have a spare 'bicycle computer' and am going to try to fit this... has anyone done so already and if so how successful was it?

It would measure distance travelled and speed of course, if set up properly so would be interesting.
Freewheeling down the (slight) hill to my house I reckon i get up well past 25mph!

aladds

Re: Odometer / Speedo ??
« Reply #1 on: 29, July, 2010 - 19:24:37 »
I've not used a cycle computer, but I have used a GPS! I have a Nokia N810, which paired with Maemo Mapper can show you your speed, altitude (less useful on a C5, granted) and record your route, along with distance travelled. It can also dump everything to your computer. Obviously this is a little bit of an overkill, but it's by far the simplest way to go, as you don't need to do any sort of calibration and setup that you do with a cycle computer. Although I can't see why one wouldn't work!

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #2 on: 29, July, 2010 - 21:13:48 »
I know C5Martin had one fitted and I think Umpa has too as far as I know they worked quite well

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 29, July, 2010 - 22:43:59 »
I know C5Martin had one fitted and I think Umpa has too as far as I know they worked quite well

I think Scott had one on "Bluebird" ...I used to have one on "Moneypit" but it was only a cheapie one that didn't last very long.

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #4 on: 30, July, 2010 - 09:41:46 »
I have a dynamometer app on my phone which can map lateral and longitudinal accelarations from which omne can deduce cornering and braking G's as well as horsepower.Needless to say I haven't used it on the C5 but it works well on the Porsche during autosolos but realistically gives nothing that a bit of dressmakers' chalk on the tyres doesn't already tell one about the setup. My phone GPS would give distance travelled and speed if I could be bothered to use it thus.