News:

C5 Alive attending the following event
Easter Sunday 20th April 2014 - Sandwich Gears of Change Motor Show - Kent
http://classicmusicandmotors.co.uk/flv_portfolio/motor-shows/

Author Topic: Medway Festival of Steam & Transport 4th & 5th April 2010  (Read 13116 times)

ALANAMARIEALMOND

Medway Festival of Steam & Transport 4th & 5th April 2010
« on: 29, October, 2009 - 14:19:52 »
Hi All Sinclair C5 Owners!

I am on the Events Team at the Historic Dockyard Chatham and every year we host the Medway Festival of Steam and Transport and we would be delighted if all Sinclair C5 owners would like to hold an anniversary celebration as part of our event. 

The event is after your anniversary date (4th and 5th April 2010) but it could be an opportunity for us all. 

The event is free for the owners, you will receive 2 free passes and one car pass per application.   

I can hold an entire area for you to all be located together depending on how many applicants I have. 

If you think this is something you all may be interested in (or individually interested in) please get back to me at: aalmond@chdt.org.uk or call me on: 01634 823816.  We can discuss details further and I can send out application forms. 

Many thanks

Kind regards
Alana Marie Almond
« Last Edit: 14, March, 2010 - 17:52:00 by BooBoo »

Karl

Re: Medway Festival of Steam & Transport 4th & 5th April 2010
« Reply #1 on: 29, October, 2009 - 15:13:00 »
Hi Alana, and many thanks for the invite. 8)

Having checked my diary this is Easter weekend so we can gorge on chocolate whilst we're there  ;D

I'm up for this, anyone else want to tag along ?

Calendar etc all updated.

This could be "C5-25(2)"  8) :)

I've spoken to Alana on the phone and agreed that anyone from here who wants to go should register with Alana direct to get your entry pass etc .

« Last Edit: 29, October, 2009 - 15:38:46 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
« Reply #2 on: 30, October, 2009 - 06:11:58 »
Not sure about this as its Easter, but will see what I can sort and let you know, would be really good to do as much as possible to celebrate the 25 anniversary next year.

Retro Andy

c515mph

« Reply #3 on: 31, October, 2009 - 00:04:46 »
Sounds interesting,I hope to get to this one.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 31, October, 2009 - 16:40:01 »
I think we will find a few more people interested in attending this once it gets a bit closer to the date of the event.

We've got c5-25 at Brooklands coming up soon ,which will be taking up most of our attention  :) .

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #5 on: 31, October, 2009 - 17:59:51 »
Would be better if it were a club effort to attend, rather than individuals.

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
« Reply #6 on: 31, October, 2009 - 19:36:23 »
i to would need to confirm, but if i could make it and i've not got my own servicable 'beast' by then could i hire a spare C5?

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #7 on: 01, November, 2009 - 15:00:47 »
Would be better if it were a club effort to attend, rather than individuals.

I've chosen not to arrange everything for this event, leaving everyone the option to sort out their own arrangements. It is the same set-up as Ardingly and Amberley, you fill out your form and receive your ticket.

The advantage of this is that we will each end up on the festival database and receive individual invites to other events.

If enough of us apply to go we will be provided with our own display area, so it will still be a club style event for us same as the previously mentioned Ardingly & Amberley events  :).
« Last Edit: 05, April, 2010 - 21:05:33 by BooBoo »

Offline techytype

« Reply #8 on: 01, November, 2009 - 16:48:54 »
i to would need to confirm, but if i could make it and i've not got my own servicable 'beast' by then could i hire a spare C5?

regs
alan

i now have my own beast, bit early to sort out family commitments but i'm up for it if i can get time off for god behavior ::).

just a thought, if you go as a club do we then need to arrange public liability insurrance or will the event organisers cover it?

be worth checking out especially if members are likely to allow the public 'try runs' in this day of no win no fee blame society  :(.

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #9 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:12:59 »
Allowing anyone to try out your own c5 is always the decision of the individual c5 owner. It is not something that we advertise, and it is something I'm not keen on promoting - we found a lot of people showed the c5's no respect at all and just wanted to race them. We've been lucky not to have any injuries or damage caused, so I would say be very choosy about letting anyone try out a c5 that you own.

Brooklands provided us with relevant cover when we held a try a c5 event, other than that it is down to the individual to arrange if they want to.

Exhibiting bicycles, which is the category we come under,  doesn't seem to require the cover that motor vehicles need.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #10 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:54:58 »
A bit far off at the moment but I would like to get to this one.

Offline techytype

« Reply #11 on: 02, November, 2009 - 08:54:21 »
thanks Karl,

just thought it worth flagging up, there's some very obscure laws out there.

i've Alana emailed my application to attend with my C5, but said this early family commitments may intrude

regs
alan

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #12 on: 11, February, 2010 - 10:41:58 »
Hi Folks - as this event creeps up on us just wondered your thoughts on this - are people planning to stay over for both day's or just planning on being there for one day ?

Karl

« Reply #13 on: 11, February, 2010 - 14:39:59 »
If my shift rota stays the same I will only be able to make the Sunday as I am due to work Easter Monday, so as things stand at the moment it will only be one day for me.

Having said that, the grapevine at work is tingling with news that a massive change to our shift pattern is imminent - so it could all change  ::)

If possible it would be nice to have some of us there for both days  :)

Offline techytype

« Reply #14 on: 14, February, 2010 - 16:26:50 »
unfortunately i can't make this event as we have booked to take the grandsprogs away for Easter  :'(

regs
alan