News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Riding with Backpack  (Read 4445 times)

copendriver

Re: Riding with Backpack
« Reply #15 on: 12, September, 2011 - 23:55:18 »
Hi Dan

Your posting made me race down stairs for my C5's boot & immediately started to try and squeeze my older style 17" PowerBook G4 into the boot.

Due to it's narrower opening I found my laptop had to go in diagonally & would then sit in the boot comfortably, So was it Johny's comment about it being larger on the inside than it first appears.......

However the lap-top might fit, but when in my waterproof throw down stairs proof lap top bag it won't........So I will be interested to see how your design mind makes your machine safe from water and road side shocks and bumps.

Wonder how you've been getting on?

Neil

Offline thedesigntailor

• Battery level: 5
  • designer and C5 newbie
    • GLOW creative
« Reply #16 on: 13, September, 2011 - 19:24:54 »
Hi Neil

My current gen MacbookPro fits in perfectly but, no, not in a thick case. I've found a laptop bad that's fairly thin. Hopefully the bumps won't harm it too much. The poor thing has taken quite a lot of battering in it's time but it is a good work horse.

The C5 is proving a good way to get to work (while it's dry at least).

Offline Lancealot

• Battery level: 5
  • Owning C5s are a pleasure and hassle..............
« Reply #17 on: 13, September, 2011 - 19:58:03 »
You could just put some foam / bubble rap at the bottom of the boot and to the sides, to help stop it rattling around.

Lance