News:

C5alive - The Premier Sinclair C5 website
https://www.c5alive.co.uk

Author Topic: Shuttleworth classic car show  (Read 4144 times)

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
Shuttleworth classic car show
« on: 03, May, 2009 - 18:57:13 »
Spent today at the classic car show at Shuttleworth in Bedfordshire.
Was there as part of my mini club, but also took the C5 along aswell, and had a nice day out.

My 4x4 mini  ;D

And Riley enjoying himself  ;D

The C5 got lots of attention throughout the day, from both people wandering round, and the rest of the mini club. Several mini club members had a go, and all had smiles on their faces ... one person, Andrew, had lots of goes, and it also turns out he works in the building where the C5 was designed.

Towards the end of the day a man came over and asked if it was 24v or not. I told him it wasn't, and he said that he was the person who owned the Segway that was on The Gadget Show, when they had the C5 / Segway head to head.
He mentioned C5alive, and the 24v C5 that had been used for the programme, and how quick it was. We actually had quite a good chat about both vehicles  ;D

Just goes to show what a small world it is  :D

Karl

Re: Shuttleworth classic car show
« Reply #1 on: 03, May, 2009 - 21:39:15 »
The Segway guy was probably Steve, I met him at the filming at Bruntingthorpe last year;
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

It is true that everyone who tries out a C5 for the first time ends up with the "C5 Grin"

Looks like you also enjoyed some good weather aswell, makes a change from last year when so many car shows were cancelled due to rain .

Similar to your meeting Andrew, a guy came up to us at the London Run and said he was one of the service engineers that used to go out and service C5's. So I guess there are still a lot of people out there who have genuine connections to the C5 and still have fond memories of it. 

Offline minidaz

« Reply #2 on: 03, May, 2009 - 21:53:18 »
Just had a look at the pics, and yep, it looks like it's the same person. He also mentioned the quick push bike, which i think is in one of the photos.

Weather wasn't too bad. Was windy, and a bit chilly when the sun went in, but luckily no rain.

Andrew was actually on the clubstand as he's in the same mini club, although i think he spent more time talking to people about the C5 ( and driving it ) than the minis  :D

Karl

« Reply #3 on: 03, May, 2009 - 22:06:32 »
. He also mentioned the quick push bike, which i think is in one of the photos.

..he is right, that push bike was amazingly quick - but eye wateringly expensive  :o

It was a fantastic group of people there though, with some seriously cool vehicles. That was the first time I got to try out a Segway, which I have to admit was a lot of fun.

Leeb7613

« Reply #4 on: 04, May, 2009 - 21:17:49 »
Daz,

Good to see you are looking after the C5  ;) ;D, it looks as clean as when you picked it up!!, as for the grin, well what can I say, the day you came to my house to pick the C5 up and we went on the test drive, you were beaming ear to ear  :D

Tom said the mini looks great and can he have a go???

Cheers..Lee

Offline minidaz

« Reply #5 on: 04, May, 2009 - 22:11:40 »
it looks as clean as when you picked it up!!

Well not that clean  :D . Being in a field having Jacob climb in and out has given it a few marks, so it needs a bit of clean. Time to join the ' what's best to clean a C5 ' debate  :D :D

Riley also likes going in Ian ( all Minis have to have names ) as it's like a little monster truck and he gets to wear a harness instead of a normal seatbelt. Only 2 seats though, but that means Emily and Jacob can go in the Estima, which then means we can take the C5 aswell  ;D