News:

"You Tube" footage of the C5alive meetings
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Author Topic: Alan's C5 is now in the Clan  (Read 3724 times)

Offline techytype

• Battery level: 0
Alan's C5 is now in the Clan
« on: 01, November, 2009 - 16:32:13 »
Hi Guys,

just to let you all know, i have bought C5 Martins advertised C5,

I won't get my mitts on it for a week or two i as have to make room in the garage (where my beloved behemoth oops! wife) won't see it  ;D)

regs
alan

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
Re: Alan's C5 is now in the Clan
« Reply #1 on: 01, November, 2009 - 16:41:33 »
Hi Guys,

I won't get my mitts on it for a week or two i as have to make room in the garage (where my beloved behemoth oops! wife) won't see it  ;D)

regs
alan

Awesome - good man !!!

Karl

« Reply #2 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:14:54 »
Superb behaviour mate - outstanding  ;D 8)

See you at some more of the runs then  ;)

Offline techytype

« Reply #3 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:16:57 »
many thanks,

i,m now working on a nickname for it as that seems the general rule.

i used to be the very scourge of a security trade technical advice forum, where i used the name 'arfu mo' (slang for Half a Moment).

i'm no longer a member (resigned), but it appeals to me to resurrect the name because of the fun i had, acting as a very awkward argumentative unregistered 'maverick', often upsetting the so called registered 'ner do wells' (most of who did not really have a clue about installing and/or repairing security systems)  ;D.

Wild Mouse
Mousle (German for a small mouse. but i'm not sure of spelling),
Thimble (because as my son said likely i'll look a proper p***k in it)
Matilda or Sgt Bash (after robot wars).

decisions decisions lol! i might get a few more names together and run a vote on it  ;D

regs
alan

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:28:22 »
Given time you may find something will happen that creates the name for your particular c5.

For mine , "moneypit" was because of the size of the bills coming from Adam, and "voodoo" coz it seemed to be going wrong so often it had to be cursed, "virgin" because it is unused , "malcolm" after a radio oxford DJ interviewed me, "challenger" for challenging the Test Hill, "half-pint" coz its chopped in half...."dave" for no apparent reason at all.

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #5 on: 01, November, 2009 - 17:49:57 »
Hi Guys,

regs
alan

Top man - you know you'll have a good one from c5Martin - he knows a thing or two !!!!!!!!!. Like the names made me laugh.

Offline Umpa

• Global Moderator
  • Battery level: 1
« Reply #6 on: 01, November, 2009 - 18:03:35 »
I had to look that word up as I'm Maximus Ignoramus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

lol ooo your such a naughty boy !!

Offline techytype

« Reply #7 on: 01, November, 2009 - 18:52:32 »
I had to look that word up as I'm Maximus Ignoramus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

lol ooo your such a naughty boy !!

;D

Offline techytype

« Reply #8 on: 02, November, 2009 - 22:37:47 »
Hi Guys,

regs
alan

Top man - you know you'll have a good one from c5Martin - he knows a thing or two !!!!!!!!!. Like the names made me laugh.

i was going to wait until the new year, weather not being the best now and i didnot fancy working uin a cold garage, but because it was from C5Martin it became the 'swaying argument' to plunge in now.

i'd scouted about and seen some of the prices asked, which to me seemed very high, i had been watching one on Ebay, located in Rayleigh, Essex which is about 10 min's away from me, and another in Clacton-on-Sea about an hour or so away. seemingly both had little or no use, but Rayleigh one admitted to have been stored badly and had perished tyre's, was the info. winning bid was for £355.00.

i did consider going for it due to its seemingly little usage, but if i had and won i would need to do all the usual work i.e. battery, charger, c5alive wiring kit, chain mod and a grease up not forgetting the 3 new tyre's and tubes needed, so the overal spend would be nearer £500 - £600 before i looked at the motor, drive chain, pod and controls were even tested out.

so i considered all that the one i got, while it may not be in showroom kept immaculate condition (not even seen it yet), has a much better chance of being serviceable and so more enjoyable and at a more reasonable cost. i'll also have a source of 1st hand knowledge of this machine from a respected restorer, and his advice thrown in if needed.

just made it a real 'no brainer', that is until the 'ruling half' finds out :o.

so anyone got a free sofa - to put me and my C5 up on when she does?

regs
alan