News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: 48v 1,5Kw  (Read 14390 times)

Offline Maarten

• Battery level: 0
  • Not long now until the C5 becomes 60 years old.
48v 1,5Kw
« on: 07, March, 2015 - 12:16:18 »
Saw its bin a while something posted in the pimpsection so.., Build a road "legal" Sinclair C5 on steroids, battery= lifepo4 from a bike build a while ago, started by building subframe for motor/bearing's/brake and to make it stiff so there wil be no extra force on the origanal frame.
Small motor/controller from China normaly for a goped/step, mounted in the middle for centering weight and beter cooling.
Tf8 chain and sprocket 11/44 straigt to rear axle (for a reverse function future)
For now simple simple mechanical discbrake hope to go hydro. soon
Made a seat cushion for comfort and looks
Build a *pardon my French*pit on the stearingbar cover to mount extra buttons and a counter/tacho
Afcourse alarm ,led light's, remote speed adjuster 35/70 km/h so a bit road legal, no holles drilled extra easy change to original setting.
And some project's on the long run like blinklight under the mirror and taillight whit leds for signal/light/brake/reverse
Even have a worked out idear for carbon frame, now the money to make one.
For now a youtube link, hope to post some pictures soon,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmmU-sfXF3Y

Maarten.

Offline frankev

• One Sinclair on the road, doesn't mean it's summer
    • Sinclair meeting in Holland in july 2011
Re: 48v 1,5Kw
« Reply #1 on: 11, March, 2015 - 00:33:14 »
Great things you create Maarten,  8)

Hoping for more to come! Have some pictures?

Greetz

Frank

Offline frankev

« Reply #2 on: 11, March, 2015 - 14:41:55 »
Sun was shining today 8). So I made a picture from your seat cushion, and your battery lid, they work really well for me!

greetz

Frank

Offline Maarten

« Reply #3 on: 15, March, 2015 - 12:25:35 »
Thanks Frank, hope you enjoy the seat cushion whit every ride, just sined up to photobucket, just a test to see if adding works, the DELUX out of ABS frech from the press, if posting works can ad some more pictures of the subframe and other things perhaps.

Maarten.
« Last Edit: 15, March, 2015 - 12:29:50 by Maarten »

Offline Maarten

« Reply #4 on: 15, March, 2015 - 13:33:02 »
Heeey that works..

Some photo's of the subframe to hold the motor,bearings and brakes to transfer force to original frame, no holes drild in the original frame and verry stif , motor straight to the axele to reverse in future, weight of the motor is now in the middle and cools better but hoop to make a nice plastic cover to protect the controller/wires and form a cooling tunnel and ad thermostate/fan to have a nice finich.

Offline C5 ENTHUSIAST + RESTORER

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 8
« Reply #5 on: 15, March, 2015 - 14:48:05 »
Looking great keep them coming (photos)
Chas

Offline KarlG

• You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #6 on: 15, March, 2015 - 14:53:44 »
Hi Maarten,

I had a look at your video in Youtube.  Don't you feel nervous steering with just one hand at those speeds? If it was me I'd need to change some of my clothes after such an escapade. :o :o

Nice piece of engineering work concerning your subframe and accessories. Is this your work or subcontracted? If it's yours don't be surprised if I turn up on your doorstep. ;D ;D

Out of interest, are you selling the seat cushions and handlebar covers?

Cheers.

KarlG.

Offline frankev

« Reply #7 on: 15, March, 2015 - 17:12:23 »
Hi Maarten,

I had a little rain and left the seat cushion on my parked C5. I was expecting a wet bottom from the foam, but your where right. The foam stays dry. Just had to wipe some drops of water off and could sit directly in it. Great!

Frank

Offline Maarten

« Reply #8 on: 15, March, 2015 - 17:19:39 »
Hi Karl and Chas,

Thanks for the intrest, wil take some pictures extra of what im doing and hope to do in the future.
For the one hand driving, must say its pretty stuck un the road, at that speed it slides in stead of tip over, also think tirechoice ,baloon tires are round, so think when cornering the grip can run hi on the heel of the tire and so have forse to tip over, my tires are verry soft and have a flat surface so the slide , and thats a bid hard to do whit one hand, but in videos several times, can you imagene when have two hands for driving;)
And for the seat cushion and the DELUX cover, its for sell, make them because im verry intrested in making thing i imagene and take it everytime a step up, and would be nice if the pay for them selfs even better if could invest in more, so if realy intrest you can mail me on tarwe@hotmail.com
For the seat cushion, the made of eva block +foam, hade 2 other foams , Nasa and cheap.... but eva block is perfect, no long term memory ,fild whit gas so super isolating in temp. as wel in shocks , dont act as a sponge , dont slide etc, only down side, the atrackt cats for a sleep and after that the wil use it as a skretchpole, so whit a bit of work the cost, but verry comfi and durrable.

« Last Edit: 15, March, 2015 - 17:29:04 by Maarten »

Offline KarlG

• You don't have to be mad to own a C5, but it helps
« Reply #9 on: 16, March, 2015 - 12:05:26 »
Hi Maarten,

sent you an email.

Cheers.

Karl.

Offline Maarten

« Reply #10 on: 16, March, 2015 - 21:19:03 »
Hi Karl,
email recieved,
Perhaps not the right section to place, but since im here..., busy building a upgrade of the vacuum form table, the same as last build ,only bigger and better, already whas busy collecting parts but finnaly have somthing to mound it on, some things of the past year shown on top, but perhaps think bigger?, what about a black boot( dont think white gone match so it curse) or even like the last photo, some chroom wheelcaps replica style? , and between you and me, this is just a prototype to try running on 220 volt for a bigger one but sssst ,first have to finich this one.

« Last Edit: 16, March, 2015 - 21:23:07 by Maarten »

Offline frankev

« Reply #11 on: 24, March, 2015 - 09:56:37 »
Maarten,
spinning Chrome wheelcaps. Could that be an idea?   ;)

Frank

Offline MarCu5

« Reply #12 on: 06, April, 2015 - 14:53:38 »
Very nice work Maarten.
I think I should send you an email regarding your subframe.
One piece of craftsmanship like this would solve a lot of problems for me.

Greetings,
Markus

Offline Maarten

« Reply #13 on: 25, April, 2015 - 19:11:58 »
Hi Marcus,
Just see your lines here, thanks, already awnserd your privete mail i believe and hope you show pictures some day and always open for brainstorming ideers
Greeting Maarten

Offline Maarten

« Reply #14 on: 27, May, 2015 - 19:18:27 »
Not realy pimpt jet, only a proto and good one on its way, a blank PCB for the pod, perhaps some day i got al parts together or redraw it voor Atmega chip.