News:

C5alive meets Chris Barrie
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=417.0

Author Topic: New owner in Tonbridge  (Read 3327 times)

Offline moggieman

• Battery level: 0
New owner in Tonbridge
« on: 26, April, 2010 - 21:34:22 »
Hi all. Due to collect my first C5 from Bracknell on Wednesday. Don't know too much about it other than the seller bought it new and it needs a new battery. I'm planning to swing by Karl's place on the way home for a crash course in C5 ownership. Hope to be with you around 5.30 if you read this, Karl!  Perhaps I'm pushing it (literally!) but will be trying to get it running well for a fundraising event this Saturday. What do you think - a couple of quid for a ride around the car park?  David

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
Re: New owner in Tonbridge
« Reply #1 on: 26, April, 2010 - 21:55:22 »
Hi David and welcome - seems to be the season for C5'S as i've lost track of all the new guy's with in the last few day's !.Great to have you on board. If you have arranged to meet with Karl (the Daddy) then never fear he will get you going on the right track !.Enjoy - any photo's of your c5 always a bonus !

Offline mike7201

• Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #2 on: 26, April, 2010 - 22:10:37 »
I've never seen so many new people join the forum like the last few days!!  Must be the weather for C5ing!  Must say though, C5alive does have a great publicity campaign, and it seems to be working. 

Welcome mate, may you enjoy many happy rides and even happier posts. 

Lets see pictures of your pride and joy then

marcdonnelly

« Reply #3 on: 26, April, 2010 - 22:15:54 »
Did you buy it  today ,just a man was going to sell me one from the bracknell for £200.00 and heard nothing since and he has now removed it from ebay .lol..or its a very small world..the search continues for number 2 and a freind for bessy.

Offline moggieman

« Reply #4 on: 26, April, 2010 - 22:19:58 »
Sorry Marc - yes that's the one. I saw the response he posted to your question and pounced I'm afraid. Here's the pictures for those who weren't quick enough to see it. Early opinions welcomed!

marcdonnelly

« Reply #5 on: 26, April, 2010 - 22:45:54 »
well done you  may i ask did you pay £200.00 for it i thought it looked a nice clean example with the front whell cover and hi vis hope you enjoy it but to be fair it was 260 miles round trip away ,so you never know next week there might be one closer.

Offline moggieman

« Reply #6 on: 26, April, 2010 - 22:55:48 »
Yes I did - I've only been watching values for a couple of weeks, but it seemed like a good price and only an hour or so away. Hope I'm right!

Offline mike7201

• Portland's very own Royal Manor Theatre
« Reply #7 on: 26, April, 2010 - 23:20:18 »
Early opinions welcomed!

Early opinions welcomed?  Looks like you're the proud owner of a winner of a C5 there mate!

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 29, April, 2010 - 15:10:07 »
David did come round and we got his C5 up and running, nothing much wrong with it - a very nice c5  :) It did have some minor bodging with padding stuffed in the motor mount to try and cure belt slip - replacing the belt and properly adjusting it sorted that out. We fitted a large cable tie to keep the "wall" in place as well. Then there was the interesting fitment of the rear wheel bearings (brake side), just need refitting correctly.

Not so sure about me being "the Daddy", I'm the first to admit I'm not great with electrics - but I'm doing ok with the spanner work though !

With c5martin reducing his c5 activities we might need to recruit some more electrical "guru's"  :-\

Offline moggieman

« Reply #9 on: 29, April, 2010 - 20:07:39 »
Yes - thanks Karl. All running well now. Below is a pic of my wife taking a test drive just before a rear tyre burst. I'm saying nothing.

Karl

« Reply #10 on: 29, April, 2010 - 20:45:17 »
Yep - she definitely has the "C5 grin"  8)

..quite normal !

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #11 on: 30, April, 2010 - 08:32:56 »
C5 looking good mate - as Karl say's you wife has the C5 grin of to a 't'.Hope to meet you at one of the runs / meets
Radiomarty