News:

Welcome to C5alive, the best place for help & advice on how to get the most from your iconic Sinclair C5. Check the meetings section today for events near you.
C5alive.co.uk  - Keeping the C5 Alive !!

Author Topic: Brooklands Cycle Festival - Sunday 16th September  (Read 20678 times)

Karl

Re: Brooklands Cycle Festival - Sunday 16th September
« Reply #30 on: 01, September, 2012 - 12:41:20 »
Make it 3, i'll join in with something  ;D

Superb behaviour !  ;D

Karl

« Reply #31 on: 02, September, 2012 - 13:13:11 »
A reminder guys that the closing date for registering for free entrance tickets is tomorrow 3rd September

If you miss the cut off date and still want to come along you are most welcome but will need to pay the usual entrance fee.

This is the list to date , if you want to add your name please do so asap;

Karl
Angie
Steve
ElectricDave ( and the c-5000 )
Peckishere (+1)
Plod (+1)
Minidaz ( poss plus family )
Kurt
Andy (Gyrr)
Matt & RadioMarty
Coverman
Max & Tony (BTM)
Jim (+1)
Gary & Gem

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #32 on: 02, September, 2012 - 23:28:56 »
Going to be just me for this one, as it's a long day to leave the dog.  But i have been told that there must be photos taken  ;D

Talking of fancy dress, Emily reminded me, and i guess it's an important note ( i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong ), that cycle helmets still need to be worn on the test track ... so no 2ft high mohicans  ;D ;D

Offline Luke S

• Luke 2000
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 5
  • Sinclair C5
    • brooklandsmuseum
« Reply #33 on: 04, September, 2012 - 18:31:34 »
Hi,

I am a new member and would like to be included in the numbers for the Brooklands cycle event. My father is a member of Brooklands so will not need an entry ticket. I have a C5 and would like to take part in any of the events. If there are any problems could you let me know.

Luke ( 11 years old) 

Karl

« Reply #34 on: 05, September, 2012 - 07:19:19 »
Hi,

I am a new member and would like to be included in the numbers for the Brooklands cycle event. My father is a member of Brooklands so will not need an entry ticket. I have a C5 and would like to take part in any of the events. If there are any problems could you let me know.

Luke ( 11 years old)

Luke it will be great to see you there , and welcome to c5alive  8)

Karl

« Reply #35 on: 05, September, 2012 - 07:21:40 »
This is the final list after closing date  , if your details are not shown below and you want to come along you are still most welcome but will now need to pay at the gate;

Karl
Angie
Steve
ElectricDave ( and the c-5000 )
Peckishere (+1)
Plod (+1)
Minidaz ( poss plus family )
Kurt
Andy (Gyrr)
Matt & RadioMarty
Coverman
Max & Tony (BTM)
Jim (+1)
Gary & Gem
Mark
Pep

More details to follow nearer the time  :)

Karl

« Reply #36 on: 08, September, 2012 - 12:07:03 »
The tickets have now arrived  8)  As per previous years I , or a willing volunteer  ;D, will be at the Campbell Gate entrance giving out the tickets to those on the list.

If you've never been before I advise reading this linked topic ;
 http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,245.msg1718.html#msg1718

..and escpecially this one from the Brooklands website;
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/your-visit/how-to-get-here/

Remember : Exhibitors and those bringing along a c5 use the Campbell Gate entrance ! All others to go via the usual public entrance found by following the brown tourist board signs.

There will be a scooterthon for those with youngsters , bring your own scooter and a cycle helmet.

If you want to take your c5 onto the AMG test track then you must bring a cycle helmet to wear on the track . This is a M-Benz World insurance requirement and is not negiotiable so sadly, no crash hat = no fun on the track.

We will have our usual spot along the fence and our "playpen".

All that remains is for the sun to shine and for us to have a great time. See you all there  ;)

ps - fancy dress optional for those that want to add a bit of a laugh to the track session.
       if you need me to bring along any spares etc let me know beforehand .
« Last Edit: 08, September, 2012 - 12:09:07 by BooBoo »

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #37 on: 10, September, 2012 - 09:50:03 »
I canot make it now, regrettably. Can my niece Romanee use my ticket if she shows up at the Campbell gate?

Karl

« Reply #38 on: 11, September, 2012 - 11:06:41 »
I canot make it now, regrettably. Can my niece Romanee use my ticket if she shows up at the Campbell gate?

No problem mate , just makes sure she introduces herself  :)

Karl

« Reply #39 on: 12, September, 2012 - 20:29:08 »
I forgot to mention the important stuff about time of arrival  ::)

...Those that are exhibiting and using the Campbell Gate entrance will need to be on site for around 9am ,this is to allow time for us to set up our display and get the cars & trailers parked up before the gates are opened to the public at 9.30.

I ,or a c5alive rep, will be at Campbell Gate from around 8am (ish !) until 9.30am . If you arrive after 9.30 it may be best to use the normal Public entrance and car park, directions as shown on the Brooklands website or found by following the brown tourist signs.

Offline Gyrr

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #40 on: 12, September, 2012 - 21:10:07 »
That could be a bit early for me !
I have to run in a relay race for nearly 15 miles at 22.30 on Saturday evening from a Suffolk village. I aim to stay overnight somewhere so I may not get there until 10.
Sorry but I will get there !

Offline minidaz

• Battery level: 6
« Reply #41 on: 14, September, 2012 - 19:13:56 »
Unfortunatly going to have to pull out of this one, sorry :(

Got loads of work related paperwork that needs sorting by Monday ( the joys of being an ex-treasurer for a preschool is that you get to go over it all again a year later when it's all gone a bit wrong  :o ;D ), plus we're finally getting our gas cooker fitted Sunday ( which should have been fitted 2 weeks ago but had to wait to get an electrician round due to dodgy electrics .. been a busy week  ;D ).

It's a shame that the fancy dress won't make an appearance but i'm sure it can be dragged out for another event ... have to organise the C5 Fancy Dress run  ;D

Hope you all have a great time, and looking forward to seeing the fancy dress pics  :D

Darren

Offline Gyrr

• Battery level: 3
  • 4 legs may be better than 2 but 3 wheels better then anything!
« Reply #42 on: 15, September, 2012 - 12:01:00 »
Sorry but I'm out as well as I have a family member taken to hospital last night.

Karl

« Reply #43 on: 15, September, 2012 - 12:23:22 »
Sorry you guys cant make it.

Due to the falling numbers think we'll give the fancy dress idea a miss then  :-[

No worries , I'm sure we'll still have some fun on the track  8).

There's now a couple of spare tickets for anyone else that wants to come along but missed the cut-off date  ;)

Offline MikeDX

• Battery level: 1
« Reply #44 on: 15, September, 2012 - 14:01:24 »
I may be able to attend if there's a ticket going spare. Not sure if I can bring a C5 along as I've not yet replaced the bus!