News:

Meeting the Gadget Show team
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=404.0

Author Topic: You never can tell  (Read 2261 times)

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
You never can tell
« on: 27, July, 2011 - 10:15:06 »
Had a phone call from a gent that wanted to get his recent e-bay C5 up and running so he could do a rolling restoration- as he lived locally I suggested he bring it round and said i should be able to get it going in the hour  ??? ???

Upon arrival it appeared in good condition and was just 'dead' electrically -

First job open the control box to see what was going - simple normally but this one had been 'undersealed' and took a bit of a fight - once in the box was duff so a quick swap with an exchange unit and the investigation moved on - The pod was still 'dead' and and although power was getting to the motor it would not turn - took the motor out and discovered the brushes were u/s so replaced them with some spares and refitted the motor. Attention turned to the pod - the red control to pod loom was not giving correct readings so this was bypassed with a spare - and hey presto she burst into life - as the chap wanted to have it up and running before he went home i cut out the old red harness and fitted the replacement - if you have ever tried this with the body shell on you know what a pain it is !!!!! - finally the pod was showing full red motor load at all times and a bit of further investigation showed this to be a fault with the ULA chip. - The young man then took it for a quick test drive and that c5 grin came beaming through - The c5 is up and running and he is now just waiting for a ula replacement to become available  :) :) :)

Next time i quote an hour maybe i will say or two or maybe three  ;) :D ;D

Karl

Re: You never can tell
« Reply #1 on: 27, July, 2011 - 13:37:11 »
Top man ! You got it going in the end which is all that matters  8)

Next up, I'll get my brother to teach you how to do the tradesmans deep intake of breath , combined with head scratching and screwed up face when providing a quote ....

Glad to hear another c5 is alive once more  ;)