News:

C5alive filming with "oldgoldtech.com" at Brooklands Museum - 13th November 2010
http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1440.0

Author Topic: 12/9/10 : Brooklands Museum Vintage Cycle Event  (Read 40384 times)

Karl

12/9/10 : Brooklands Museum Vintage Cycle Event
« on: 15, January, 2010 - 13:04:04 »
For the third year running we've been invited back to Brooklands awesome Vintage Cycle Event.

For those that haven't been yet here's another chance to take your own c5 onto the Mercedes Benz World test track, ride around the Museum site and even tackle the feared Test Hill.

Those that have been before will be able to tell you this is a premier event for us - check the links for previous years fun  8);

September 09;
  http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=316.0

September 08;
 http://c5alive.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=130.0

More details nearer the date, just a heads up so that you can check your diary  ;)
« Last Edit: 15, January, 2010 - 13:13:15 by BooBoo »

Offline Retro Andy

• Global Moderator
  • Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 12
Re: 12/9/10 : Brooklands Museum Vintage Cycle Event
« Reply #1 on: 15, January, 2010 - 19:35:22 »
Count me again please :)

Retro Andy

Offline coverman

• Battery level: 4
« Reply #2 on: 28, June, 2010 - 11:13:10 »
I intend to come, business commitments pemitting, and provided that I have it running under power by then

Offline coverman

« Reply #3 on: 01, July, 2010 - 09:41:43 »
If it is any help, my sister resides near to Brooklands, if people want to foregather prior to motoring to the said Motor Course.
NB there is a humpback bridge and a long hill between her house and the track entrance and the roads are busy with fast moving horseless carriages so it would be inadvisable to convey ourselves by C5s to the Track.
I am reading  The History of Brooklands Motor Course at the moment so please forgive the use of now unfashionable terminology.
Unless I can find a cycle path or similar, and which is also a shortcut.I shall survey next time I am down and report back.

Karl

« Reply #4 on: 01, July, 2010 - 14:45:14 »
Superb  ;D

Nice idea, but we tend to convey ourselves, accompanied by our c5's , in our own horseless carriages direct to the venue. Upon arrival we set up the display area and then take part in the events as they unfold  8) 

More details will be published nearer the time.

Offline coverman

« Reply #5 on: 02, July, 2010 - 09:20:29 »
Please note that the Brooklands competitors wore silks in the racing colours of their entrants. NB this practice ceased in 1908, due in part to the invention of numbers. C5's are not the only vehicles to have competed there with weird steering arrangements: some vehicles had the steering wheels above the drivers line of vision because the owners simply removed the road bodywork and fitted low bucket seats for racing without troubling to lower the steering column to facilitate easy re-installation of the road bodywork.
If you are at all concerned about your safety competing on this high speed track, perhaps you might consider copying one of the pioneers by sitting on a piece of carpet tied to the fuel tank (in our case the battery so that the high back rest and framework could be disposed of to save weight and drag) and securing yourself to the dashboard via straps attached to the trouser belt( this gentleman did take the trouble to wear what was described as a stout belt)

Offline coverman

« Reply #6 on: 05, July, 2010 - 09:29:53 »
Lady drivers at Brooklands would never dream of showing their ankles(or they wouldn't be real ladies).Cord fastened around voluminous skirts sufficed for far greater speeds than a C5 would achieve( but they didn't have to pedal of course)

Offline coverman

« Reply #7 on: 29, July, 2010 - 09:12:11 »
My C5 runs now, at least for the drive asround my locality, so I am intending to come to this event.When we we know more details?

Karl

« Reply #8 on: 03, August, 2010 - 13:38:52 »
...When we we know more details?

...usually towards the end of August.

The event has been placed on their website calendar so is still going ahead.
http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/events/details/2010/09/12/
« Last Edit: 04, August, 2010 - 17:53:30 by BooBoo »

c515mph

« Reply #9 on: 03, August, 2010 - 20:34:16 »
I will be there again,and a friend will be coming in from Heathrow,via USA to see the event.
Looking forward to this one again.

Offline coverman

« Reply #10 on: 04, August, 2010 - 09:29:12 »
Do we have to make individual formal entries? Whaty kind of helmet is required- a cycle one or an MSA approved crash helmet?

Karl

« Reply #11 on: 04, August, 2010 - 11:39:06 »
Do we have to make individual formal entries? Whaty kind of helmet is required- a cycle one or an MSA approved crash helmet?

As per previous years I will be arranging the entry tickets, and a basic cycle helmet is sufficient.

The full instructions will be posted here in a few weeks  :)

Karl

« Reply #12 on: 04, August, 2010 - 17:43:35 »
I took the opportunity to have a chat with Donna at Brooklands about this event.

As per previous years, we will need to be on site for around 9am on the Sunday morning giving us time to get the display area all set up before the gates open to the public at 9.30

I will need to get an idea of numbers attending for our entry passes, so now seems as good a time as any to start the list off  8)

So let me know if you intend to come along, join in with the track event and display your c5!

On the list so far (pending updates !) ;

Me
Angie
Coverman
Ray (plus 1)
Andy
Marty (plus 3)
Plod (plus 1)
MikeDX (maybe)
Steve (..and the big bus!)
Pete plus 1 (GrumpyGreenThing)
Chas
Kurt (plus 1)
ElectricDave (with the c-5000 !!)

« Last Edit: 17, August, 2010 - 16:34:33 by BooBoo »

Offline radiomarty

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 100
« Reply #13 on: 04, August, 2010 - 18:57:42 »
Myself ,Carolyn,Matt , and Luke + Two C5'S and C2.5 (if I can fit it in)

Offline PLOD11

• Millennium Member
  • Battery level: 11
  • Trust No one !
« Reply #14 on: 05, August, 2010 - 20:17:22 »
PUT ME DOWN FOR THIS, PLUS 1 OTHER