News:

"I don't live in the past. I'm always excited by what I'm doing in the present." Sir Clive Sinclair

Author Topic: Greetings from Redditch - Worcestershire  (Read 2508 times)

Offline Paul Langton-Rogers

• Battery level: 0
  • The C5 was just 25 years ahead of its time!
Greetings from Redditch - Worcestershire
« on: 24, April, 2016 - 12:41:48 »

Hi all,

I've just joined this excellent forum and community and wanted to post a quick introduction and say thank you for letting me be a part of your enthusiasts community.

Although I'm 44 and so can remember when the C5 launched in the 1985 just about! I was only 13 then and so badly wanted one but £399 was a fortune back in the day, and we simply couldn't afford one.

I had always hoped to buy one later on when I started work s the C5 intrigued me.  As the decades rolled by, I forgot all about it. Until recently when they started appearing on eBay fairly regularly. By chance I noticed one and started watching them being sold well over my budget. After patiently waiting many weeks I managed to get one for a good price finally, it's in need of much restoration and I've yet to take delivery of it.

Now I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I decide whether restoring the C5 is viable, worthwhile and to assess the likely cost.

Anyway, enough waffling, this is meant to be an introduction about myself, so here's a little about me, and my reasons for joining C5alive...

I became a keen electric bicycle owner enthusiast around 2011-2012, and have converted several bicycles over the years into e-bikes. I am hoping some of the knowledge and experience can cross-over to the C5 in a restoration project. I want to completely modernise my C5 and bring it into the 21st century and have some different ideas about how to go about this I'd like to float and get advice and opinions on.

I have already learned a great deal about the C5 both from reading threads on the forum and from the site resources, the PDF's and other downloadable docs, and also the many images members have uploaded so many thanks to the site owners and members for uploading those and sharing freely! Kudos  :D

I live in Redditch, which for those unfamiliar with is in Worcestershire, and lies approx 15 or so miles south of Birmingham. Redditch is actually home to the Royal Enfield one of the first to produce motorized bicycles, and later the now famous motorcycles.

My reason for joining the forum is to get some advice from you experienced guys on how to go about restoring my newly acquired C5...and to float my ideas for modernising and  discuss what is possible, and how best to go about doing it.

I'm not very mechanically skilled, but I learn fast and do have a background in electronics and computer programming, both in work and as a hobby.

Thank you to Pat for letting me join, and I look forward to being a regular contributor to the forum!

Paul